I still hate.......

by ashitaka 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

What things do you guys hate, why, and what do you do about it?

ashi

"You ever get lonely?."

"Only around people."

-Thin Red Line

• Satanus
    Satanus

ashi

I still have anger about my fathers abuse and the dumb wt life i was sucked into. I'm reducing the wt anger by venting and reading stuff here. I confronted my father w some of his shortcomings and abuses. He didn't like my attitude and we aren't talking. If i had the dow($), i would employ a good hypnotherapist.

SS

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Subordination of women.

Brainwashing of children.

Crumbs in the bed.

love never fails

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I hate that love does indeed fail....

Dana

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Pure love doesn't fail. Doesn't always bring us what we want but doesn't fail.
    Motive is important.

Have decided that I hate hating. Too self-destructive. Let's all go eat chocolate!!

love never fails

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Missie,

I'm afraid I lost that idealistic idea of love...I don't think 'pure' love is possible for humans. I think the closest we can come is unconditional love and even that is very difficult! I'm feeling a bit morose today, so forgive me if I offend you, that's not my intention. But based on my personal experience, even at our best and with our best intentions, we can still fail those we love...

Dana

P.S. I also agree that hate is self-destructive! But turning me loose with chocolate might be just as bad for me!!

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• think41self
    think41self

People who go into the chat room to flirt and talk about sex!!!

I mean, what is it with you people? Aren't any of you getting any?

Every time I go in there, people start talking about spankings, and tying people up...and then someone has to bring up things like whipped cream, then s are introduced. It's disgusting. I'm never going back into that chat room again until someone cleans it up!!!

And these are some of the innocent little emoticons that have been corrupted for their own perverted uses. I am shuddering just thinking about it.....or is that trembling ? Whatever, I hate it, I really do.

I want you all
    to stop it
    right now

Tracy, of the Woohoo class, and life is too short to hate!

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Thank you for your comment, Dana. No offense taken! I have deliberately used this signature to cause discussion.

I've learnt so much from my 2-year old son. He loves unconditionally and hasn't learnt to hate yet.

I think we all have so much to learn from very young children - they are so free to forgive. It's only when they get older, when we've loaded our crap onto them that they change.

Love means different things to different people. So does hate.

PS I've just finished a huge bowl of chocolate custard. Go get some, you know you want to...

love never fails

• Xena
    Xena

I am with you Dana...only in a "perfect" world does love never fail...no one is perfect (thank god or whoever!) and so at sometime or other we will let one another down..just depends on what happens when you do that...lol you can make lemonade or just suck lemons...and depends on my mood which one I do

Hope you perk up sweety...wanna borrow my hubby for awhile???

And to Ms Think...I am totally with you on the chat room thing..what is up with that..seems like everytime I go on there the talk turns to sex sex sex...I just don't understand it!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!

Missie Eff...pudding sounds good..just had some carmel corn myself..uuummm finger licking good!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids
    PS I've just finished a huge bowl of chocolate custard. Go get some, you know you want to...

LOLOL @ Missie...

Akshully, I agree that we can learn a lot about love from our children...also dogs are great teachers of unconditional love! It's not that I don't think it's something to aspire to, I do...it just gets a bit complicated.

I've only hated, really hated, one person in my life (altho for a brief few weeks, I came very close to hating again recently-thass another story!) and the best thing I did for myself was to let go of that hatred. Hatred is truly a destructive emotion and is far harder on the hater than on the hatee. I don't hate people anymore; but I do hate some of the things they do...child abuse is number one on my list!

Dana(of the rambling thoughts class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit