JW TERMS I CAN'T STAND

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 26 Replies latest jw friends

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

There are a few terms I CANNOT stand that JW's use and now I have to consciously convince myself not to use:

1. The Truth - um nothing could be further from being accurate

2. Worldly - as if they are 'other worldly' or 'supreme beings'

3. Other Sheep - it used to irritate me SO MUCH that there was such a focus on two different groups within the organisation, and that essentially, there were the cool kids, 144,000 - who had super powers and got to hang out in heaven and then the rest - the 'Other' sheep. I want goddamn super powers!

4. Time Of The End - its been the freaking End Times FOREVER...my parents always said I would never finish school because the end would come... I'm freaking 28!

5. IMPERFECT - the whole concept of us being inherently bad and always struggling to impress God even though we really couldn't cause we were specks of dust to him and imperfect and unholy but still that he was interested in each of us individually (whew take a breath) - CONFUSED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.. it doesn't even make sense.

Oh the list could go on and on....anyone else have any they would like to add?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

the "friends" is one that I never liked.

the "friends" is one that I never liked.

I agree, but have to make an exception for the Superfriends; Wonder Twin Powers, activate! Form of a . . . cult; shape of a mutiny.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Gathering" instead of "party". Why the hell couldn't we have PARTIES like everybody else? And if we couldn't, why was it ok to have them anyway as long as we called them "gatherings"?

I find parties to be most happifying! ;-)

Dave

• flipper
    flipper

SPAGHETTI- "The light keeps getting brighter." Gawd I hate that one. Or " New Light" ! Both of those send me climbing up a wall ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I too was always bothered by "The Friends". Like "The Truth" nothing could be further from the truth. Your "Friends" will turn on you at the drop of a hat.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

How about "spritually mature"? All that was, was code for you're a damn BORG robot.

Gawwwwwwwd....that drove me crazy....

BTW, str8?....Welcome to the board....hope you find some peace here

Cheers,

Alex

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    IMPERFECT - the whole concept of us being inherently bad and always struggling to impress God even though we really couldn't cause we were specks of dust to him and imperfect and unholy but still that he was interested in each of us individually (whew take a breath) - CONFUSED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.. it doesn't even make sense.

Yup, that bugs me too. You can't really argue against it openly, because all the dubs accept the premise of "orginal perfection," a proof-less concept.

• loosie
    loosie

I hate the term other sheep. It would be like saying "here are my kids Chrissy and John and those three over there oh those are my "Other Kids"

• loosie
    loosie

"wait on jehovah" Well my god I don't have the patience that he says. Since this obviously doesn't bother him as much as it does me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit