Countdown to the season

by sass_my_frass 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Only a month before the snow season starts here. I had a few trips planned but they're now on hold pending how well my sister copes with her chemo. Not that we live within a few hours flight of each other, or that she even lets me speak to her. It just feels wrong to be planning big trips at this time.

Still... here's Mr Frass learning to ski last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXjNKMlPTD0

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wow, just got a few posts back, used them all up today. Apparently I've been yapping too much.

It is so cool U-Tube to do this, Who was doing the video taping, you?

Try to go with the flow, I do hope for you sincerely, that your sister will call. I know you care and just extending the love you have is all you can do.

I am so sorry for what your going through, take care little sis.

hope4others

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the Northern Hemisphere, summer is ahead. It is our hot season, and those who have to be out in field circus are in for a long, miserable summer.

• inthepink3355
    inthepink3355

WIZ....Anyway you slice it, MISERABLE is the key word. Had only one heat stroke in my life....guess where? Atlanta, Ga. Stayed in the heat too long, waiting for fRED fRANZ TO FINISH EXPLAINING 1975. mm

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Wow, only time I've ever passed out was out on the preach. Really hot day, with the COs wife. They were a stand-in couple, so were actually pretty normal.

Yeah that was me with the camera, it's got to be a really smooth trail for me to be able to handle the camera, fortunately it's a cheap little number that has been able to handle a few falls. Haven't shot anything actually interesting yet though. Depending how the year goes we might make it to New Zealand, and then you'll all want to go. Think 'Brigadoon', except you're there.

Mum's opening up to short conversations lately, so I'm getting a bit of news about my sister. I'm really quite fine with not being able to participate in it all. She needs what she needs, and I need to not to be treated badly by them. I can handle not ever hearing from her again. Sad but not the saddest thing in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit