jw's just at my door

by beepers 12 Replies latest jw friends

• beepers
    beepers

Hi!

I still am newly inactive (5 months). I just moved to a new area, feeling pretty good about things. Finding out about myself and what I want from life for me and my daughter.

Today my door bell rang. Not afraid to answer it (nobody knows where I am) I go to the door. There stood Mr. Elder, wanting to offer me some mag's. I told him I wasn't interested,but I did have a question for him. I asked him why the wt was an NGO/DPI associated with the UN for 10 years? He genuinely looked startled and said there had to be some sort of misunderstanding. He wanted to know how I was aware of the Wt's stand of the UN. I told him I have friends that are jw's.
    He then quickley dismissed himself, but not before he offered me the invitation to go to his hall.

I feel pertty good about the whole thing. I stood up and asked the questions that needed to be asked. Not that i got an answer, but I at least asked.

Amy

• outnfree
    outnfree

Good for you, Amy!!!

and welcome to the board.

outnfree

In dealing with fear, the way out is in -- Sheldon Kopp

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Good for you! Welcome!

closer

• Liberated
    Liberated

Good for you, Amy; I envy you being able to do it and that
    you are able to get your daughter away from wts influence.

Keep doing it. They may not say anything to you but they just
    might feel the same way I did when I first came on-line and
    found out all the information about the org....that the people
    we were calling on knew more about the workings of the GB than
    those of us still hawking their publications door to door.

One example was the shake up at the annual meeting last year
    when the GB resigned from the Board of Directors, etc. I found
    out about it on the internet and told other jw's.

I disassociated last February. I still have family in. Not
    everyone shuns me...some do, some don't.

Libby
    When the Son sets you free, you are free indeed!!

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Beepers,

Hello. I'm glad you spoke up. Apparently he was one elder who hadn't heard about the Society's UN-NGO association I think there are many who haven't as yet. But you surely planted a question in his mind, and it's up to him to check it out. The word of their involvement is spreading, and you helped the cause. Good for you.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Right on Amy! Maybe you will get lucky and this guy will come back again with the lame excuse being passed around by the Society. Time then to remind them about the religious Darwin Awards (these are about people who do really stupid things) and how they have won first prize all because of the want of a library card. LOL!

If they then tell you that it was all a mistake...just tell them, "and you are here to teach me? Go away you hypocrite!"

Welcome to the board,

Skipper

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings." - William Shakespeare

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Hmmmm.
    Not bad beep.By the way, HI

Every time they come to MY door I start shaking and get paralized and cant say anything controversial to them.
    Im much better at what you did with Mormons.
    We call it "bomb planting",plant a load of mind bombs and wait for them to go off.Maybe years.
    Just offer them, for now, your LOVE.

• ISP
    ISP

Nice one beepers, probably shows that some still have no idea about the UN/NGO fiasco!

Shame you couldn't have asked them to research it and come back to you!
    ISP

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Hi Beepers!
    I'm new here too!! :)
    Good for you!
    They daren't come anyway near my door. The elders are meant to call on disfellowshipped evil doers every once in a while to make sure that there is no change of heart - haven't seen anyone yet...
    A couple of elders called on my Mum the other day. I don't think they'll be back in a hurry - especially when she's ready to challege them with the same point you raised.
    Be ready with the frying pan next time around...

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Amy,

Pleased to meet you and welome. Congrats for thinking on your feet and asking him that! I'm afraid that i react a little like Edw Gentry! Besides, all of them around here know me ;-)

Pat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit