If The Gov't In Myanmar Refuses Relief Assistance Should We Invade To Help?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If they don't want foreigners in their country, then we should just dump a shit load to supplies at the boarder and leave.

If they distribute it to those in need, great, if not, at least we tried.

• AnneB
    AnneB
    Personally, I think it's not our job to make sure aid is provided for humanitarian needs. If the government refuses the help, why should we force aid?

Who's this "we" you're talking about? You want the posters from JWD to invade Myanmar???

Oh! You *don't" want the posters to invade or force aid! That's a relief! I have no idea how to accesorize for an invasion! I mean, do I bring apostate pamphlets or do I first teach them what WT promises and then show them another perspective?

Please take into account that this board has a diverse membership the next time you compose a post mentioning "we".

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Yes they do have oil. The French oil company Total is in bed with the military dictatorship.

• asilentone
    asilentone

no, we should wait for Jehovah to bring his kingdom here on the earth. Lets party now before it is too late!

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

It scares me to think if we were in their shoes here and the government blocked help!

Remember Katrina??? Acts of omission are just as serious as affirmative actions. There was a time in this country that the federal government would have been mobilizing every possible resource help Americans in those straits.

Those days are gone and it scares me to think about the next super hurricaine, here. It is going to happen again here--just wait and see.

As for Myanmar, as sad as it is, I agree that the U.S. cannot be the guardians and protectors for the whole world.

Alex

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, bombing the hell out of what's left of them is much more effective. After they have experienced the shock and are in awe of the america, then drop the goodies. It works every time(thumbs up). Another america/corporation/capital/bush loving democracy coming right the fuck up.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok shoot me down but I see a slippery slope. Blood: Force it upon those who refuse help because humanity prevails and we should save a life. Food: Force it upon those who refuse help because humanity prevails and we should save a life. Why are we respecting those who have no concern for mankind. I understand the junta hasn't stopped exporting rice.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Unless they have Oil, No, they are not our problem Frig Em. I say just fly over their country and drop about 1000 institution size cans of food from a plane in a crowded city----LOL, just kidding, a little humor for our more liberal friends on the site.

• flipper
    flipper

I think the government of Myanmar should come over and take over our government. Anything's better than W. Bush . But seriously

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

with a note on the can---brought to you courtesy of the red,white, and blue. Put Nancy Pelosi's face on the can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit