LOL Did I get profiled?

by IP_SEC 28 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I looked in the mirror this morning and noticed I look somewhat middle eastern with the longish curly head and facial hair. Then it hit me.

I was detained for a few minutes by an American (dont know what he was) before bording an international flight back to the US. I was the only one I saw him talk to. (was toward the back of the line)

Didnt think anything of it at the time. Did I get profiled?

Im mortified!! lol alt

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You look pretty suspicious to me....

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Maybe it was the explosives you were strapped to.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The facial hair will do it everytime. Do you remember all that beard, mustache stuff back in the late 70's early 80's for christians, should you or shouldn't you?

Second thought maybe you don't.

Cheers

hope4others

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Profiling is done, despite official denials.

My name is on the no fly list. I have never been detained. What happens is that when I check in at the counter, they often have some computer issue and need to talk to a stuporvisor. They take my ID and consult about it and then get my boarding pass. I usually reserve in advance with credit card, round trip, so my profile is okay, but the name gets their attention. It is such a common name, that it gives lie to the no fly list having any real meaning for making safe travel.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

The name "kurtbethel" would get my attention!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

IP I wouldn't be surprised if they were watching you the whole of your stay

• jgnat
    jgnat

A friend of ours was "randomly selected" for a more thorough search. She also happened to be the only black person in the flight of fifty. She handled the indignity as well as she could. Only after it was over, did she question the "randomness" of the search.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

If you have something like "SSSS" on your boarding pass, you are subject to extra special attention. Spooky, as you are unlikely to have done anything bad to get that.

• free2think
    free2think

You do look very suspicious, didn't you notice the two men in the blacked out car following you around?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit