Watchtower LOSES BIG on BLOOD in Court

by skeeter1 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Honesty
    Honesty
    In other words, Ms. K was just another lulu sister that every KH has....

I knew a lot of neurotic sisters but she takes the cake.

Let's hope the cult sues and sues and sues and sues and sues.

• cognac
    cognac

Now, we find out that this case is going to cost Irish taxpayers over one million ($1,000,000) Euro's. The Irish taxpayers will be extra mad when the JDubs ring their doorbell this weekend.
    Can't they charge this to the WTS?????
    This is a good question. Anybody know???

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Thanks for posting this, skeeter!!!

One step at a time, the WT blood policy is tumbling down.....

GGG

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Can this information be used for the Canadian Supreme court case at the end of the month? Would the judge's opinion, especially on the issue of coersion make a diference?

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow, this is great news. I like that judge. Is there a higher court? Would the WTS appeal, or go away to lick their wounds?

• choosing life
    choosing life

The watchtower only reacts to legal threats and the potential loss of large amounts of money. The blood doctrine cannot stand up in court, hence their refusal to even answer questions about it.

The issue of coersion is the most interesting. If that can be established in court, it would actually become a conscience issue. Thanks for posting this, skeeter.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

An appeal is very likely with the WTS. The Coca Cola and egg comment is very odd. However it depends on what is getting circulated in Africa in regards to blood alternatives. She may have been told this by other JW's.

• dinah
    dinah

BIG WIN FOR EX-JWS: (Ireland Judge Opinion)"It is possible that in a particular case a court might conclude that the decision of a Jehovah’s Witness to execute an advance directive or, in particular circumstances, to refuse a life-saving blood transfusion was motivated by peer pressure or fear of social or economic deprivation due to disfellowship or disassociation to the extent that the decision was not voluntary. .......Every case must be decided on its own facts"

Peer pressure. That's why I was so sick about that 14 year-old boy dying from treatable leukemia. They got away with that one.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS blood policy is so ridiculous I can't understand why any state or court tolerates it. It's obvious enough people that are willing to go against the mighty survival instinct and choose death over life for the sake of denying blood which was willingly and harmlessly donated to save lives, have been mind conditioned and coerced by their well known spiritual mentors.

In effect they don't choose, they are tricked into choosing life over death with devious arguments. It's time that courts recognized the WTS leaders for the dangerous vermin that they are.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Cognac, The judge ordered each side to pay their own costs. See my above post, which points to a post by Anderson_Info . That other post has the detail on who foots the legal bills.

JGNat, This case was heard by the High Court. Like the United States, Ireland has a Supreme Court that could also hear this case. In addition, there are some courts in the European Union that may also hear this case. We'll see if the Watchtower takes this case to a higher authority. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_Ireland

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit