Would you have eaten / touched the forbidden fruit?

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

Thank you, a Christian. Well said.

love michelle

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

C'mon. I don't know anyone who woulda left that shit alone!

• chikikie
    chikikie

it was probaly the sweetest loveliest juiciest amazing fruit ever grown.

• yknot
    yknot

If I had not been in Eden long enough to be named or get pregnant after being commanded to be fruitful and multiply (ovulation averages on the 14th day of a normal cycle) and was a new being, still learning.........then yes I probably would have because a serpent lied to me and I was thoroughly deceived.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

NO I would not have..

And it should be a lesson to all us men not to listen to our wives... She probaby nagged him till he ate it, just to shut her up.

• RAF
    RAF

In taken the story literally or symbolically

Without conscience (from witch the main knowledge is based on experiences) of what is “REALLY” right/good or wrong/bad anybody is still a kid = not mature.

I don’t think that there is a kid who did not disobey even to the best loving mom or dad out of conscience of insignificants to heavy consequences (lucky is the one who only had to deal with insignificant consequences and had the time to know and become conscious by maturity from other peoples experiences about what can have heavy consequences).

No doubt I would have eaten that fruit – and the main reason is that I’m curious (and kids not knowing much feel that there is so much more even from basic stuff to discovers and participate than adults).

Note that in this story in being adult and perfect PHYSICALLY from the start (no pregnancy - no kid before the bug) and I doubt that they wouldn't have been curious about sex (since they were supposed to have lots of example on the what and how from beasts ... LOL)

Curiosity is inherent to creativity and the first thing witch comes in mind regarding God is it’s creativityif made out of IT nor at his imageas long as not conscious of the need to be careful by experience in any matter we can fail and have to deal (ourselves and anybody who is concerned) with the consequences.

So anyway any have to reach maturity by experiences (his and others ones – all together) and experience leads to set priorities which lead to best choices regarding to the main purpose of our heart (it’s nature).

Still we are not alone in the universe and will never be, if our purpose is only related to ourselves (means without conscience about others) we are still missing too much maturity which inevitably can lead us to be a bug in the matrix (LOL) and cumulating the consequences of what we did/do, with the consequences of what others did/do.

Through that most do learn and grow up in understanding that our interdependance doesn't allow us to be selfish/Egocentric at least - and everything else comes along about the need of everyone about everything to pay attention to each other that's a part of justice = balance witch have to include understanding that : we aren't the same (globally), we do not have the same experiences, the same level of maturity, natural gifls and potential in everything and that therefore not only we can't force anyone to be exacly like us (even God didn't in this story).but it wouldn't be really exiting to be all the same in too much matters.

So every spirit worth to existe regarding their potential to bring something different/new (creativity) wich is an absolute need regarding eternity (LOL - you really have to considare that point in this case) weither you think it's would be on earth as human, wherever as a spirit, a spirit in essence in multiple peaces all mixed together (same needs - peace for maximum good creativity). Also dividing all the potential in multiple spirits is the only way to make sure we really want to share them all to get it allexponentially. We really need to know that we are all worthy (when not selfish/Egocentric). That's why the only principle wich stands for good is love others as yoursef (it makes so much sense).

a Christian (about your post) Very good shot (to me)

everything you said from :

But because we can do wrong and often do, and because God can't do wrong and never does …

I would have loved to elaborate in a less religious and most spiritual meaning - what it means to me - (not for Christians but for atheists and agnostics – since to me everything in this book is at first symbolic – to the point be declinable religiously to conceptually for what is material to immaterial and spiritually for what is consciousness which leads to conscience = aware consciousness). Just because the religious way in talking too much about being sinners is hiding that we really need to know that we are all worthy (when not selfish/Egocentric). If you keep on telling a kid or anyone that he is not worthy ... guess what ? their much risk that he won't bother to show you what he is capable of ... or will but for have been hold or being held in contempt he might not show the best part of his capacities (and feel right about that).

Still I don’t think that there is an efficient way to do it without bothering them with hundreds sentences in lines … LOL … so no attempt … I guess there will be some occasions to put it by peaces.

That's too long already !!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If Jehovah would have frustrated the sex drive He made me with the way He is now, I would give Him a strict deadline of three calendar days to fix it. At which point, if He didn't do it to my satisfaction, I would have gone ahead and eaten it anyway just to slap Him in the face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit