** Church of England Buildings' Significant History **

by FlyingHighNow 20 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Emo, HB and Dig.

Emo, the Episcopal churches here do differ in the highness of service. St. Mark's here in Grand Rapids is a very high service. But the clergy who have served there do not tend to be overly against women in the priesthood. You hear rumors of prejudice with a Bishop or someone, but I have not met any personally. I suspect it's more of a small, probably less than ten perecent of the laity who find it hard to embrace a lady vicar. I have been to "low" services. Mother Val says the church we have been two three times lately is mor of a low church. I still thought it more high than any Catholic mass I have been, except for Andy's grandmother's funeral mass.

Here, the priests wear the vestments, the acolytes wear white robes and the choirs wear varying garb. At St. Mark's they were the black, neru floor length button up robe with the white blousen thing over it.

Any priests I have spoken with in depth embrace the Via Media very heartily.

Thank you for sharing about your local churches. I will look at them more in depth later today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit