Does anyone know more on this?

by Merlin 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Merlin
    Merlin

Preaching the word seems a profitable business these days.

While surfing the web I came across this commercial web site, selling dust covers for WT publications, as well as other WT related stuff :

http://www.mjcmjc.com/index.asp?L=E

Does anyone know more about this company? It seems to me that such an internationally oriented business could hardly operate without the WTS's explicit approval. Is this where Kingdom Halls get there stuff from?

Just curious.

Cheers,
    Dutchy

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

While stationed in Stuttgart Germany there was a woman in the English speaking congregation there selling leather bible covers (personlaized), at an inflated price. My wife bought two. She did this with the full knowledge and explicit permission of the Body of Elders.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Yeah, just checked out the site. Kinda like Stoops Mfg. Some entrepreneur starts a marketing business designed to profit almost solely from other Witnesses. Makes me sick.
    mike.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Visit http://www.krispens.de

He also has high prices but has inofficial discounts for pioneers and has donated literally more than 1m DEM to the German Branch when they built the facilities in Selters/Ts.

• ChimpGirl
    ChimpGirl

Anyone want to join me in a business venture to flog them dust jackets impregnanted with LSD? :-)

• Prisca
    Prisca

THere are companies here in Australia that JWs have set up to sell covers for Bibles, WTs, KIngdom Ministries as well as loads of stuff to organise witnessing paraphanalia.

It's advertised thru word of mouth, and to their credit, they do ask that the witnesses don't solicit or advertise the business at the KHs.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The only problem I see is that the literature dust covers have a longer shelf life than the books they were designed to cover.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit