Not what but why you believe.

by Anti-Christ 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Jehovah's witnesses believe many things that are different then most Christian religions. I remember going door to door and people asking me all kinds of questions regarding my faith, they wanted to know what I believed. What someone believes is important but what is even more important is why you believe. I was raised in the JW religion and I rarely question the establish religious authority, why? Because that was all I knew and I was afraid. I believe every JW that is sincerely searching for truth should deeply examine WHY they believe, do not let the fear that has been installed in you prevent you from questioning the governing body's authority. Ask yourself " why do I believe that the Watch Tower and bible society is god's earthly organisation". Be honest with yourself and do not fear men.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Ask yourself " why do I believe that the Watch Tower and bible society is god's earthly organisation".

What brought you to this point?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

are you asking me? because I will answer later must go now

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    are you asking me? because I will answer later must go now

Yes! I'd love to know why or how you came to question the org. It's usually the beginning of the end.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle
    Ask yourself " why do I believe that the Watch Tower and bible society is god's earthly organisation". Be honest with yourself and do not fear men.

I don't believe they are. I have told the elders at my congregation so. I got disfellowshipped for apostasy.

• ItalianJW
    ItalianJW

I think that the point is that 'we decide' which things we won't believe and which not. Not necessary is a conscious response. Rather than, this is unconscious, in the sense of a decision made in function of runaway factors as previous experience, lifestyle etc. Not necessarily what we believe is the truth, . . . we would it is . . . but most important is what our mind consider predominant(what it consider better for us): reason or feeling ... So, if the feeling is the driving force, there are no reasons to demonstrate the opposite.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Yes! I'd love to know why or how you came to question the org. It's usually the beginning of the end.

Well I'm back now sorry for the delay, I had to go to work. Looking back there were many things that I found illogical or just not right, call it instinct if you want but what really got me to question the org. was two main things. First was when I wanted to know what the WT has to say about medicinal marijuana. I did a lot of independent research on the subject and I found that what the WT had to say was out of date, inaccurate and full of personal opinion nothing scriptural concrete. The second thing that sealed the deal was an article in a WT about using some else sperm or egg to have a baby, they said it was not a christian thing to do. My wife and I could not believe the reasoning and the scriptures they used , it just did not make any sense and also why was it any of there business.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I do not believe the WTS because they espouse beliefs that are inconsistent with what I experience of the divine.

In addition, I find WTS teachings to often be arbitrary and internally inconsistent.

Lastly, the WTS lacks humility and compassion in many ways, qualities I expect in bearers of "truth".

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I think that the point is that 'we decide' which things we won't believe and which not. Not necessary is a conscious response. Rather than, this is unconscious, in the sense of a decision made in function of runaway factors as previous experience, lifestyle etc. Not necessarily what we believe is the truth, . . . we would it is . . . but most important is what our mind consider predominant(what it consider better for us): reason or feeling ... So, if the feeling is the driving force, there are no reasons to demonstrate the opposite.

I understand what you are saying but some things you don't decide to believe, if an organisation withholds information it is not a choice, no option no choice.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

In addition, I find WTS teachings to often be arbitrary and internally inconsistent.

Lastly, the WTS lacks humility and compassion in many ways, qualities I expect in bearers of "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit