"Tower of Deception"---a new book just out!

by winnower 5 Replies latest jw friends

• winnower
    winnower

This seems to be a new book recently released. Has anyone seen or read this? Could we have a review, please?

• jamiebowers
  • The Oracle
    The Oracle

Looks interesting...but I wonder if it is pumping another form of mind control ????

The Oracle

• Switch
    Switch

thanks for the link, Jamie. The desciption of the book made me smile:

"The Tower of Deception is his response to the Watchtower’s invitation for “careful and critical examination of its contents in the light of the Scriptures” (Watchtower 8/15/1950, p. 263)"

Is this the only invite they've made to be examined against the scriptures? And what about the author - Is he just finding the invite or is he just getting around to responding?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure sounds like another apostate book. I hope so, since it would be one more way to get people to avoid joining in the first place, or to get them out if they are already in.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Christianity may have a response to Jehovah’s Witnesses but it is not a viable alternative.

Christianity is a Bible based religion. Whether we show our approve for the God or the Bible by joining Jehovah’s Witnesses or some other Bible based group that is on offer, we are still only deciding which handcuffs to wear on our way to prison.

Christianity has a worse track throughout its long history and in recent times than The Watchtower Society.

In any case we are still condoning the Adam & Eve, fallen sinners saved by the murder of God’s son mythology. Followed by the reward or eternal damnation routine.

Of course different factions discard various inconvenient parts of what they accept as The Holy Scriptures, in an attempt to make themselves and their God look cuddly. At least Jehovah’s Witnesses accept the whole Bible, including all the nasty bits, and then try to interpret it in a way that make sense to them

‘Out of the frying pan into the fire,’ comes to mind. Or as the much missed James Thomas, who has left this site, used to say, digging our way through a prison wall into another cell, does not make us an expert on escapology.

If we are to live as people, free to think and decide for ourselves what is morally right, we need to escape all sects that imprison the mind. Only then can we be completely free to clear our minds of all forms of mind control.

Whether we are slaves to The Lord, Odin, Christ, Jehovah, The Watchtower Society, The emperor of Rome (as in my case) or Allah, we still remain slaves.

TG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit