Do you still say...in the name of Jesus Christ...

by tan 10 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

I'm just thankful all the time. I speak to the universe...I call God my "buddy" aor "grand creator" and so forth. Don't actually pray anymore but wondered what others do.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I still do. I've seen other Christians do the same...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the name of Jesus? Why not pray to Jesus? Or Satan?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I do call up the experience of the ground of consciousness in meditation...but don't feel a need for a mediator like Jesus.

Apparently the GF should now be praying in the name of the FDS...

• yknot
    yknot

Yep

I completely understand those who become agnostic or atheist after leaving the WTS.

However I am happy to be a Christian since it was WTS biblical dereliction that stumbled me.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

When I pray I do. But during times I get frustrated or angry I say it to. I say, "OH for Chrissake!!" Or "Jesus H. Christ!" or when I am watching my mouth I will say, "JUDAS H. On Horseback!!"

• sacolton
    sacolton

"Heavenly Father" works for me.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I really struggled with prayer, It felt so artificial even when I was a true believer.

• Casper
    Casper
    Don't actually pray anymore but wondered what others do.

Neither do I.

I want to, I would love to have some sort of connection to a higher power. I find myself talking to something, "what, I have no idea", under times of stress, or when admiring the beauty of the earth. But as for actual prayer, no I don't.

Just lost at the moment.

Cas

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

pep,i too, struggle w/prayer.feels very fake and contrived to me....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit