Last night at "Worlds Apart"

by klydia 5 Replies latest jw friends

• klydia
    klydia

Hi everyone,

I met a bunch of people from the 'Ex-JW Meetup' at the screening of World's Apart last night. I just wanted to say again how amazing it was to see you there and to talk to you after the movie.

I've been "disfellowshipped" for 10 years, but I don't think I've ever really talked to any ex-JW's in depth like that. It was a very moving experience. There are some things that no one else can understand unless you were in it, and it meant a lot to me to be able to talk to someone about it after the film ended.

I knew there was something special going on in the audience, because the woman behind me was crying in a way that no ordinary filmgoer would cry unless they, too, had been shunned by their family. At several points, I had to put my head on my boyfriend's shoulder and weep. It was very hard to watch, even after all these years. Mostly, I think, because the rest of the non-cult raised audience seemed horrified and enraptured by the story... and yet, really, it's ALL of our stories. For the first time I felt like people really cared.

Anyway, thank you for being there, even though it was a coincidence :)

- Kyria

• Gayle
    Gayle

What a wonderful way to have a Meetup! I am going to recommend for the Phoenix area of xJWs to do a meetup if it comes to Phoenix. Thanks.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Any list around of when this is going to get DVD release??

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hi Kyria,

It was nice to talk to you too... I've been raving about the movie and our experience in sharing a dialogue with active JWs and meeting you and your fiancee. I left feeling very happy to be an xJW.

I am sending you a PM.

A@G

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Hi Kyria, its Isaac. We met outside. PM me if you'd like.

Isaac Carmignani

http://isaaccarmignani.blogspot.com/

• Scott77
    Scott77

How is the "World Apart" movie connected to JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit