How many JW that are not raised in the truth have left the organization?

by THE_CHOSEN_ONE 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

in at 32 out at 60

• boyzone
    boyzone

in at 20 out at 42

• llbh
    llbh

Came in aged 18 left aged 39

Wish i never came in . Very glad to be out

David

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I was in my mid 20s when I went into the cancer. That Suffer Forever book, having little outside knowledge of the Bible, and no outside resources made it easy for them to pop their false promises on me. Needless to say, they did not fix my inability to attract the opposite sex (they made it worse). And they had the nerve to tell me to just meet other men.

Needless to say, I didn't stay faithful long after. I started missing meetings after about 9 years of excellent attendance, and reducing my field circus soon after. I totally left (that is, never went to a boasting session or out in field circus) in mid 2005.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I first came in contact with the JWs while in high school. I converted when I was 17, with no family members in the religion. I eventually left years later.

I essentially see my conversion to the JWs as the direct result of the "bait and switch" method of conversion. I have made a resent post on the subject here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/157371/1.ashx

Once I realized that the bait (things like paradise earth, the failures of mainstream christianity, 'bible alone' theology, cross vs torture stake, ect) is always inferior to the beliefs they switch on you (like the 'faithful slave' dogma) I realized that I had been forcefully tricked into becoming a member. I take personal responsibility for falling into this trap, but I still will call it what it is. This process of trickery is not formulated by individual members, rather it is perpetuated by the Watchtower Society. They set the course for what Witnesses say in field service and they are responsible for the lack of clarity given to new members.

• chickpea
    chickpea

crisis on both ends of my assimilation .....

deaths of brother and son in 1989/90 made it easy to sell the idea of paradise to me ......

immense family crisis in 2003 shifted all focus to rescue and recovery.....

that was the beginning of a fade and ultimate awakening as to the veiled nature of the "society" at upper levels of management.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

baptised 1963 kicked out 1987 You do the math I cant. Gonna be 81 this month.

• Casper
    Casper

In at 28, left 13 years later.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    @zeroday I was wondering what make to left the organization? Biblical doctrines of the org or the people in the cong?

I was wondering what makes you join it if you are not born into.

• sspo
    sspo

Came in at 22, left at 53. Doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit