Witty replies needed......

by loosie 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Ok one of the only two peopel who don't know I haven't gone to meetings in 3 years sent me this remark: , i can't believe how all this time has gone by. the one good thing about getting older like this is that it brings us that much closer to the new system

I need a witty reply. I am taking suggestions.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    the one good thing about getting older like this is that it brings us that much closer to the new system

Actually, getting older brings you much closer to death than the "New System".

• llbh
    llbh

Did you miss me ? Really ??!!!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

mean:
    Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

meaner:
    You look a lot closer than I do.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Pretend your hard of hearing and say"what new cistern is that then?" or "Have you devised a new system you must tell me all about it sometime." or "I have contacted a systems analyst and am waiting for the results to come through."

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

We truly are Jehovah's people, aren't we? Connected in thought and spirit throughout our history, when even over 100 years ago Jehovah's Witnesses used to say the same thing as you!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"You know, I have been thinking about that a lot lately. I imagine those Bible Students in 1890 must have told each other the same thing."

• Spectre
    Spectre

Indeed Rutherford knew what he was talking about when he said that "millions now living will never die", didn't he?

• Quandry
    Quandry

i can't believe how all this time has gone by. the one good thing about getting older like this is that it brings us that much closer to the new system

Well, then, since the GB just announced that it will be eight more months until the new book study arrangement, and they have already made plans for conventions years in advance, you'll be sure to continue in the good thing as it doesn't look like the "end" is coming anytime soon.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The new system is close, but not as close as it was in 1975!

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit