Investigating Feasability of a Project: Can You Help?

by AuldSoul 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I think a better idea would be for a member to sue over where the money is being spent. I could see this pickng up steam really fast. The news would junp all over the story and it would be (I think) uncharted legal territory. You could claim that since it is a donation you are legally entitled to see what and where your monies are being spent. This would open a whole can of orms for the WTS. Especially if it came out donations to the world wide work were being used to pay off the molestaion cases.

Also you would public suport on your side. The question would be, "why is this charity fighting this? What are trying to hide". That in it's self is a win. I think nomatter what there would be good consequences for this. The question is do charities like the Sierre Club and PETA disclose where thier monies are spent? I would think the argument that they are tax exempt strps them of the right privacy of spendimg.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I wonder how many donations to the "Worldwide Work" are used for legal fees? On top of the sexual molestation scandal, they've spent a lot of money on lawsuits to shut down "defamatory" websites like the Quotes website. People deserve to know that this self-proclaimed champion of free speech spent their donations on legal fees to shut down persons who used free speech against them.

• little witch
    little witch

I think the general public would be put off that a "religious" organization would only help those of their own members or if it benifits them financially to do so.

I just looked at the Better Business Bureau, I havent had time to investigate yet, but maybe we should post something there. Charities are also listed for opinions from the public. I don't have the link, just google it if you want to post a public opinion on the watchtower or any of the KH's.

LW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit