Recent letter to Kingdom Halls

by elpnt11583 15 Replies latest jw friends

• elpnt11583
    elpnt11583

Hello, My parents are JW's and I just got a phone call from them saying that there is a very important letter that all Kingdom Halls just receive and that I should read it because this may be the last time I hear there voice. I'm assuming it's about THE END!!! Anyways, they say that the letter can be picked up at any Kingdom Hall and that it will only be available for 15 days. Anyone know about this letter or have a copy? I have no Kingdom Halls near by and don't have a car at the moment to go to one. Thanks.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Do you know about the book study at private homes being cancelled effective January 2009? Honesty said it all.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No need to panic.

The Gibbering Buddy decided that there was too much independant discussion taking place during the Book Study so they have combined the Book Study with the Theocratic Misery School and Serve Us Meeting beginning January 1, 2009.

Some JW's, in their eagerness to see Jehovah screw up 6 billion people's day have ran ahead of the Faithful Slave and believe that day is imminent although the Faithful Slave has never said or implied that Jehovah's Day is Near.

Tell your parents the 15 day letter is a trick conceived by the apostates to confuse and disorientate Jehovah's faithful servants.

• elpnt11583
    elpnt11583

I read about the book study thing. Was that it? I mean the way my parents put it was like OH MY GOD BIG BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING!!! They mentioned that things are changes and that it may be the last time I hear his voice because the end is very very near etc. I don't know. Whatever.

• asilentone
    asilentone

they are trying to get you to the Kingdom Hall

• Honesty
    Honesty

The new Book Study arrangement is tittilating to the JW's.

Some JW's, in their eagerness to see Jehovah screw up 6 billion people's day have ran ahead of the Faithful Slave and believe that day is imminent although the Faithful Slave has never said or implied that Jehovah's Day is Near.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Any minute change is exciting to the dubs. They get woodys when the CO cleans out his lent trap.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    that the letter can be picked up at any Kingdom Hall and that it will only be available for 15 days

I hadn't heard that the letter could be picked up at a KH..or that it would only be available for 15 days,

Wonder if I could get a copy of the letter.

I wonder why only 15 days...will there be new light in 2 week?

Welcome Elphnt

lisa

• asilentone
    asilentone

lisavegas, it will be on the information board for 2 weeks from the Sunday Book Study annoucement, I do not think they will give you a copy, but you can read the copy at the Kingdom Hall. Someone posted the letter here at JWD. Did you read it?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Watchtower Society

December 15, 2009

"It may very well be that our comments regarding the possibility of a change to the Book Study schedule were interpreted improperly by some as an actual change to the Book Study schedule; however, a careful reading of the April 2008 letter with Christ-like humility and the proper Christian attitude clearly shows that we were merely considering what a grand and fitting time it might be for Jehovah in his infinite wisdom to make such a change, perhaps in the first part of the year 2009.

"That this change did not come about in hindsight clearly shows that the individual expectations of some in the congregation were ahead of the fine spiritual food being distirbuted through the Faithful and Discrete Slave.

"It is only fitting, then, that those that tried to move ahead of things and privately professed a personal belief that the Book Study would be comsolidated with the Theocratic Ministry School might experience disappointment when thee things did not come to fruition.

"Is it not exhilarating to see Jehovah's will so obviously manifesting itself in the world today!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit