'He claimed to be the son of God and the son of Man.'

Was he human, then? Was he god, then?

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Flying

'He claimed to be the son of God and the son of Man.'

Was he human, then? Was he god, then

He wasn't God. He was a child of a human mother and a son of God. So essentially he was a hybrid.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If god's nature was lost to him, how could he still be god's son? Was human nature stronger than god's? Or was he really human, after all?

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If god's nature was lost to him, how could he still be god's son? Was human nature stronger than god's? Or was he really human, after all?

S

We all have some God in us, indirectly through Adam.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Also, Jesus did not call himself a man. He did not call himself God. He said he was the son of man and son of god.

And what is a mule, a horse or a donkey? Is a liger a lion or a tiger? Is a zorse a horse or a zebra?

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Narkissos...

"(1) a heavenly being made human and "...

I think this reflects the question in Job 38:4, 7... Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me if you have understanding...when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted together for joy?

+ see Job 29:14,25...Job 30:18,19...I put on righteousness and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban...I chose the way for them, and sat as chief; so I dwelt as a king in the army, as one who comforts mourners.(Isaiah 28:5-6, SoS 3:11)...By great force my garment is disfigured; it binds me about as the collar of my coat. He has cast me into the mire, and I have becomelike dust and ashes.

kind of sounds like God caused the sons of God to be born of woman to test their integrity...(but Jesus is the only one that is mentioned as having been directly begotten of God and the virgin)...also having been tested we can see some reasons, Hebrews 10:38-39...James 5:11...Hebrews 11:35..For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, they shall not enter My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world."Hebrews 4:3...

The mercy God shows is in that He gives all the sons of God(the rebellious and not) a chance to enter His kingdom...we all got sent away to the earth...and there is a paradise to be regained if one recognises/recalls it.

p.s. Paul was hoping for the BETTER resurrection too...which I suppose would be to go STRAIGHT to heaven in the glorified body, just like the Lord Jesus or to be resurrected in the latter times and recognise/recall his prior "state of being" (Romans 6:5-6, Philippians 3:10-11)

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Narkissos, there seems to be about as many Jesuses as there are books written about him. Some of them market the sweet and gentile Jesus who simply told everyone to be nice and good and loving, but this sort of figure would not have aroused much emotion, would not of cause such violent reactions either for or against him.

Other books describe a fiery wizard, a frightening figure warning of imminent damnation then and later. Still others present a social revolutionary fighting for the underdog, or a heroic general mustering the troops against moral evil.

Is he best perceived as a benevolent magician? A cool, confident teacher of right living? A stern lawgiver? A gracious, generous provider of everything necessary to a good life? Take your pick, and the library can satisfy every inclination.

Because the New Testament provides so few facts about Jesus, preachers and writers have always stepped in to take up the slack, providing an endless variety of portraits limned in the colors of vivid speculation and imagination.

No one who speaks or writes about Jesus does so without a viewpoint, a "take" on him. However elaborate or simple the presentation, or however he is discussed in terms of conventional Church doctrine or simply wrapped in warm and pious reverie that can offend no one,we are always left with a dilemna: after working our way through all the thickets and the options, it is "someone else's Jesus" who is presented for our consideration.

Some have been able to by pass this by telling us that it is one's own experience of him that the true Jesus draws near. And so they may have the answer that Terry is asking about Jesus.

Blueblades ( I haven't heard from Jesus yet, I wait just as doubting Thomas did, and we have a lot to talk about )

• heathen
    heathen

I believe jesus was a cloned baby. He had to be equal to adam when he died thus canceling out the original sin of adam and redeeming mankind from the grave . I don't believe he was genetically related to mary or joseph and they adopted him after his birth (without actually saying anything about it) . Adams offspring would all inherit the sin, so in order for him to be born without sin there had to have been a separate lineage of DNA.I also believe the arch angel Michael explanation given by the WTBTS .

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Blueblades...

Jesus the "son of man" was certainly all those things...WHO He is can be answered by asking WHY He is...and this is WHY He is...

Matthew 11:4-6...John 3:3...Matthew 5:5...Revelation 21:1-3, 6-8

love michelle

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Michelle! Thanks for responding. As to why Jesus is, you showed by citing a few scriptures. I believe that is called circular reasoning. Because a book makes a claim about what an individual was suppose have said dosen't make it true.

You believe and accept the Bible is inspired and from God. I don't believe that. So, citing a few scriptures don't help me at all. I still remain in the doubting Thomas class.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit