Assemby Halls for Profit?

by Jim Dee 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Grout
    Grout

waiting: I worked on the Salisbury AH. Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of steel framing to make those pretty stairstep patterns in the ceiling.

Did I mention the steel framing? And the drywall? And the FRAMING?!

--
    Chip Salzenberg: Free-Floating Agent of Chaos

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

An utter disgusting waste of money from people who sometimes don't have enough to eat-my life growing up is a perfect example...we had ten dollars to our names and my brain-dead father dropped it in the contribution box.

Some elder who owned three cars and made 80,000 a year said it's always good to give what we had. Didn't see that FAT ass wanting for bread.

HYPCRITES!

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hello Jim
    I used to go to Bristol too and could never understand how it cost so much considering all work is done by volenteers.
    This reminds me of a post I made some months ago when I went to the Paris international assembly.
    Me and my wife stayed independent of the society but in one of the same hotels being used by them .
    We paid 30 a night for the room we stayed 3 nights thats a total of 90 for two people.
    Guess how much people paid from Britian for the same level of accomadation but for 6 nights through the society ?
    600 pounds per person!
    Several people told me this, some who couldn't go because of the cost.
    So were does this money go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit