reduce printing

by isaacaustin 4 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

At my church the words to our songs are simply displayed on a screen. I can see the WT ceasing their printing of songbook and adopting this. I somewhat wonder why they haven't already....each cong I am assuming pays its own utility bill and this would not be a great increase. The WT would save on this printing.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

There wouldn't be as much scope for sniggering at the lyrics and oh-so-strange music whilst looking down at the book with the person next to you.

I vote no.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They have television screens in any hall that has Sign Language groups/congs. already.
    I actually don't see them entirely eliminating the printed songbook. The dinosaurs that
    run the organization still think a woman should be dressed as they did in the 40's.

I see them stocking up on songbooks and Bibles just before they sell the presses.
    They would stockpile millions of them to last until they can farm out the lower-demand
    for songbooks and Bibles that the slimmer trimmer membership will need in the future.
    Then they will tell the dubs who they can *buy* their books from.

I also see many dubs taking the lousy paperback Bibles and paying someone to
    rebind them professionally. Dubs will be so proud of their personalized Bible.

I can imagine a time when WT's are sent to the elders on the internet and they pay to
    print them off the machine at the hall.

I could be wrong. I suppose they could make the WT articles straight to the computer
    and put them up on the big screen that locals paid for- along with songs and Bible
    verses. Either way, eventually this will be the only choices left for the printing company
    that no longer makes any money on printing.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, it IS a publishing company. Oh, and a real estate company.

S

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They could cut out the Kingdumb Maladies altogether and I wouldn't miss a thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit