Bethel moving from Brooklyn.

by strawberry cake 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

An old pioneer friend told me recently that the Bethel is moving from Brooklyn. She learned this at pioneer school from the COs who taught the school. Also they warned of many changes to come. Has anyone else heard this. xxx Strawberry Cake

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They are selling many properties in Brooklyn Heights. I do not believe that they will sell everything. There are a few properties that have historic value within the organization, such as some of the properties on Columbia Heights.

However, they are moving out. No printing or distribution is done in Brooklyn. The administrative offices remain, but I could see that these will eventually move to Patterson.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Thanks for info. So they're not moving to a compound in Guyana then?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If they thought that they could reduce expenses moving to Guyana, they would do it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We heard some time ago that they are moving most of it to Patterson. Probably cheaper location and that Brooklyn Heights property is very valuable.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    they are moving most of it to Patterson. Probably cheaper location and that Brooklyn Heights property is very valuable.

Yet the fuel costs would be higher. Ironic, isn't it?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The signs outside at Wallkill still say "Watchtower Farms" but the one inside the lobby now says, "Welcome to Wallkill Bethel."

• RR
    RR

I think thery will have to keep some office in Brooklyn, as that was where the Watchtower Society of New York was incorporated, just as they have an office in Pittsburgh to continue the Watchtower Society of PA

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes.........they are selling and moving and selling and moving.................to Patterson with our years of hard, earned monies...........

The $100,000 question is who is really benefiting from the sale of these properties? Where are the monies from the sales going?

Whose personal pockets?

No one seems to have an answer.........

Ronin1

• VM44
    VM44

I think thery will have to keep some office in Brooklyn, as that was where the Watchtower Society of New York was incorporated, just as they have an office in Pittsburgh to continue the Watchtower Society of PA

Perhaps their presence in those cities will be reduced to only a PO Box number?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit