Conscience

by Aleman 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aleman
    Aleman

I will start with a definition: This comes from Wikipedia

- Conscience is a hypothesised ability or faculty that distinguishes whether our actions are right or wrong. It leads to feelings of remorse when we do things that go against our moral values, and to feelings of rectitude or integrity when our actions conform to our moral values. It is also the attitude which informs our moral judgment before performing any action.

According to some religious perspectives, your conscience is what bothers you when you do evil to your neighbour, or which informs you of the rightness or wrongness of an action before committing it. Doing good to your neighbor does not arouse the voice of conscience, but wickedness inflicted upon the innocent is sure to make the conscience scream. This subject has to do with me.

I'll explain, Many of you in this forum have told me why am I here speaking my heart out to the forum. The truth is that I feel obligated to speak out somewhere since I am not allowed to in my kingdom hall. You see I have been for a long time Disfellowed for X reason. But the truth continues to scream and shout to come out. I disagree of what this forum stands for but if I can convince at least one the reason why it's OK to follow Jehovah God and not to worry so much of what the cong. says then It's fine.

-Aleman

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My conscience would not allow me to maintain any affiliation with the Watchtower society or retain any of its beliefs.

W

• Aleman
    Aleman

That's is exactly what I'm talking about, and for me I believe in what I have seen and witnessed all my years. I have read so much in these few years than in most of my years in the org. As a matter of fact I thank you all in this forum for getting me to study more of what I believe and write it all here. Here are examples of what I have been reading:

Hebrews 9:14 : "How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!"

1 Timothy 4:1,2 : "Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron."

Romans 2:14-15 : " When Gentiles who do not possess the law carry out its precepts by the light of nature, then, although they have no law, they are their own law; they show that what the law requires is inscribed on their hearts, and to this their conscience gives supporting witness, since their own thoughts argue the case, sometimes against them, sometimes even for them."

-Aleman

• Aleman
    Aleman

I only wanted people to see not the human mistakes bros. and sis. make in their day to day life. I, in all my time here in this forum, wanted people to see God. What he said, or did, or gave us all equaly, and what the past shows us, but I never stood here saying follow the JWs. I would say read the Holy Bible, but never did I say about the WT or publications that came from the WTTS. I wanted to turn your spiritual conscience on.

-Aleman

• Satanus
    Satanus

"if I can convince at least one the reason why it's OK to follow Jehovah God and not to worry so much of what the cong. says then It's fine."

There are a few already like this on this board. Anyway, why this need in you? Does it somehow validate your own belief?

S

• Terry
    Terry

I once gave an hour talk (Sunday before Watchtower Study) about Conscience.

It started out with the quote about "Let your conscience be your guide" and how different people have trained their conscience differently and how Christians must train their according to scripture.

Of course, what this really meant was something entirely different!

The underlying message was BECOME INDOCTRINATED and let the Watchtower tell you what to think and how to behave.

By short-circuiting personal responsibility, the average JW can just go look up what the Society (i.e. Governing Body) has said and that ends all further Q&A or research!

What REALLY is conscience?

Conscience is made up of your core values.

The value you set on each and every thing informs how you FEEL about things.

Emotions are driven by values. Emotions are involuntary physical sensations. Emotions are not the "cause" of anything, they are the result.

The phrase, "Trust your gut" really means go with how you feel. How you feel stems from what values you set on things.

The big problem for Jehovah's Witnesses is they must actually give up thinking, reflecting, ruminating and establishing what is true or false in terms of WHO THEY ARE AS INDIVIDUALS. Why?

There are no individuals in Jehovah's Witnesses. The individual is replaced by a Brand Name, a corporate borg and a group identity which tolerates no individuality.

Christian conscience can only exist in an individual who has a personal relationship one on one with God and empowered by holy spirit in the name of Jesus Christ.

Jehovah's Witnesses have a mediator between themselves AND JESUS! That mediator is the false prophet: the Governing Body.

No personal relationship with god is possible.

No JW can have a conscience. They can only develop a strong fear of getting in trouble with the Organization.

• peter-john
    peter-john

HI , Aleman ,

do you agree with God's point of view ?

Do you know why I am asking that ?

-- because His point of view is "the truth" !

So , do you agree with it ?

• yknot
    yknot
    I disagree of what this forum stands for

What do you think this forum stand for?

• Aleman
    Aleman

I agree with Jehovah God's point of veiw and this point of view is what I time and time keep saying people should follow. My conscience keeps me from staying quiet of the truth, I need to get it out. As far as this validating my belief or not, I know it's hard for some of yoou to understand why I do what I do, really it has more to do with love and responsibility. I love the human race and I whould hate to see suffering in any person or group of people. God has promised to destroy the wicked and stop any who loves violence, I know that when such promise comes true the world will be a better place for everybody.

Not everybody has that spiritual need so not that many will know what I stand for. But mabey if I say it this way; If you are a Democrat, you would have the belief that democrats have and would try to get the voting man to sway to the democratic party. You participate in your community on the Democratic group of people, and would plant posters to get the people to vote for a Democrat President. You would do this because you believe in the Democratic party and you are a patriot to say the least. Even if your party lost, you find yourself knowing you have done what you can to get a Democratic vote across. There is so much you can do after all.

In this same sence I do what I do to get across to as many of you who want to believe or are confused or want answers about our God Jehovah.

-Aleman

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My conscience will not let me go back to the Washtowel Slaveholdery. They continually initiate the use of force, threat of force, coercion, and fraud to stay in business. They demand that the members do the same in behalf of the organization. They continually demand that people do what is bad for themselves and for society. For me to support such an organization would make me an accessory to value destruction, up to and including helping the Washtowel Slaveholdery start its Second Dark Ages for all mankind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit