Jesus taught us how to be effective APOSTATES

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5go
    5go
    The ID debaters are only a minority of Christian believers.

IDers are the majority of believers that are left. You see this in the US but it shows more in Europe where churches are being turned into discos and town museums due to lack of interest and belief. Most Christians in Europe are for the most part due to tradition rather than belief. Though this is starting to show up in the US as well.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    IDers are the majority of believers that are left.

Fundamentalist denominations are in the great minority of believing Christians:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Few Churches outside these hold to a literalist interpretation of Genesis.

Such believers are greatly in the minority.

I stand by my statement.

Read this link and learn a little:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

You stereotype Christians, they come in many kinds. This is a kind of bigotry and prejudice.

BTS

• serotonin_wraith
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    http://www.christianpost.com/article/20060606/22092_Nearly_Half_of_Americans_Believe_in_Creationism.htm

American-style fundamentalism is to blame.

America is not the world.

Also, it says "nearly half".

"Nearly half" is a minority.

Also from your article:

Meanwhile, 36 percent of Americans agreed with a third option, that man evolved with the guidance of God through millions of years.

Assuming the poll is accurate and a population of 300 million that is 108 million theists that believe in evolution. In America.

BTS

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Hey Burn!

I gave the link, that's all. How do you know I wasn't supporting your position? So quick to judge..!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hey Burn!

I gave the link, that's all. How do you know I wasn't supporting your position? So quick to judge..!

Ummm. Sorry! I guess I jumped the gun. We've had a few fine fights haven't we? ;-) Burn

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Ynot, I was thinking the same thing! Bravo, Terry!!!

Clapping Hands ImageClapping Hands ImageClapping Hands Image

• Terry
    Terry
    You stereotype Christians, they come in many kinds. This is a kind of bigotry and prejudice.

Bigotry and prejudice?

Do you ever think about what you say before you say it?

Do you spend even a few seconds selecting optimum word choices?

Christians have cornered the market on black and white thinking which marginalizes the views of anybody but themselves. There are a few exceptions which are only notable because they are just that--exceptions.

When Christians aren't agreed with they knee-jerk into martyrdom mode and whine about persecution.

Christianity is so many things at one time that it is like a broken mirror in its fractured reflections of a distant image. The central figure of Christianity was prickly, to be sure. But, the target and focus of his stinging criticisms was HIS OWN RELIGION!

That is the point of my Topic. That is the point of this discussion.

When you aren't agreed with you go into hedgehog mode.

I don't think there are persons who post here who come within a mile of bigotry. I don't view you as a bigot. You are self-strangled by ideology.

Prejudice? That comes down to exactly what?

PRE-JUDGING by resorting to stereotype without hearing the merits of an argument.

We are on a Discussion Forum--which means we aren't doing anything less than exchanging views and hearing one another out. So, there goes your basis for prejudice out the window.

• carla
    carla

just marking for later, carry on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit