If it was really about the gas...

by carla 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

If it was really about the gas prices they would get rid of fs. For most people at least in the US and probably most other westernized countries the trip to the local kh is not all that far. FS is a different story! I know, my jw drops about 50 bucks each weekend and to my knowledge everybody must just sit on their wallets. Do they ever chip in for gas $ during fs? Oh well, just another nail in their coffin when I talk about the jw's, add- cheapasses to the long list.

• JK666
    JK666

And normally, Book Studies were closer to home than the KH. That is pretty lame argument! Where are the brothers/sisters to meet when the "great tribulation" comes? Sheesh.

JK

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

They are quite happy to burden the R&F when it suits them.

They don't give a toss about anywhere beyond Crooklyn, except how much money they bring in.

Europeans have been paying $10 and more per gallon for years, they didn't bother.

There have been accounts on this board of how BetHell ites were regularly ripped off for gas money by the annointed one who gave them a lift to the Kingdumb Hell.

They didn't think it a burden for pregnant africans to wade through crocodile infested swamps to get tho the BS

Its all BS

They are either seaking to prevent the fiends from getting too close to each other. Or stopping the questioning that goes on at the BS more intimate setting.

On the other hand maybe the stats for attending this BS will look better now...

HB

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Hamsterbait, I just made that very point in another thread! You are right. I think it all boils down to this: All JW meetings suck ass. Nobody wants to go, and the attendance statistics reflect that. So, rather than appear to be a loser religion that nobody is interested in, they changed the schedule to appear as if they're doing everyone a favor. Bottom line: it looks bad when nobody shows up.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes, I've wondered what the Witnesses in countries other than the USA must be thinking. After all, while gas IS higher, it only hurts for it to be higher relative to ones normal income.... which means it's been *higher* for Europeans and most of the world for decades.

Did it not matter until it became a "burden" to the Witnesses in the USA?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes you could say its the gas , its the malodorous smell of flatulence coming out of Brooklyn headquarters by those old GB members.......P U

• mind my own
    mind my own

Good point Carla! The bookstudy isn't usually very far to drive, it's the ministry that costs money. And don't the same people usually end up driving? It's not about the money at all.

MMO

• megaflower
    megaflower

I just got an e-mail from my sister who is still in. She is so exicted over the news of the new boof stude arrangement. I swear they cannot see beyond the noses on thier face. Such mind control. This new arrangement has NOTHING to do with gas.

• flipper
    flipper

CARLA - I agree with Homerovah - I think it's more about the book studies giving people gas that make them want to consolidate it with the other meetings ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Mother in law told my hubby that the changes were due to the gas....

I just smiled and said, "please let some of this be sinking in"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit