ARE YOU ALL APOSTATES?

by Pureheart 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

Who really fit this description of Apostasy?

*** w80 8/1 17-22 Remain "Solid in the Faith" ***

Remain “Solid in the Faith”
    “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith.”—1 Tim. 4:1
    ARE you profoundly shocked and unduly disturbed when you see or hear of a Christian you know yielding to doubts, cooling off and perhaps even becoming rebellious to the point of deserting the Christian congregation and trying to draw others away with him? If so, you may be comforted in knowing that, sad as such occurrences may be, the Scriptures forewarn us that they will happen.
    The word “apostasy” comes from a Greek term that means “a standing away from,” “a falling away, defection,” “rebellion, abandonment.” d walked by obeying the commandments of Jehovah.”—Judg. 2:17.

If we analyze these warnings given by Jesus and Paul, the following identifying features of typical apostates emerge:
    (1) Deviation from the truth
    (2) Twisted, empty speech
    (3) Efforts to subvert the faith of some and draw away disciples after themselves
    (4) Hypocrisy (‘wolves in sheep’s covering’)
    (5) Recognizable by their fruits; they ‘advance to more and more ungodliness’
    Such telltale signs were meant to enable the early Christians quickly to identify apostates and to ‘be on guard against them.’
    But other scriptures make it clear that even during “the last days” of the present system of things, cases of apostasy would occur within the true Christian congregation. The apostle Peter wrote:
    “In the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: ‘Where is this promised presence of his?’ . . . You, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on your guard that you may not be led away with them by the error of the law-defying people and fall from your own steadfastness.”—2 Pet. 3:3, 4, 17.
    Peter was not merely warning his brothers against “ridiculers” and “law-defying people” in the world. Christians have always been well aware of danger from that quarter. Peter was also speaking of the danger of being “led away” by some within the Christian congregation who would become “ridiculers,” making light of the fulfillment of prophecies concerning Christ’s “presence” and adopting a law-defying attitude toward “the faithful and discreet slave,” the Governing Body of the Christian congregation and the appointed elders.
    NT the doubter sins against God and his promises, because he judges God falsely.”
    Thus the one who doubts to the point of becoming an apostate sets himself up as a judge. He thinks he knows better than his fellow Christians, better also than the “faithful and discreet slave,” through whom he has learned the best part, if not all that he knows about Jehovah God and his purposes. He develops a spirit of independence, and becomes “proud in heart . . . something detestable to Jehovah.” (Prov. 16:5) Some apostates even think they know better than God, as regards his ordering of events in the outworking of his purposes. Two other causes of apostasy are therefore ingratitude and presumption.—2 Pet. 2:10b-13a.
    As to the effects of a course of apostasy, one immediate result is a loss of joy. The apostate becomes hardened in his rebellious ways. Another is he fails to take in the spiritual food provided by “the faithful and discreet slave”—this leading to spiritual weakness and breakdown of spirit. Contrasting the happiness of his loyal servants with the sad condition of apostates, Jehovah stated prophetically:
    After having yielded to such works of the flesh as “enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects,” apostates often fall victim to other fleshly works such as “drunken bouts,” “loose conduct” and “fornication.” (Gal. 5:19-21) Peter warns us against those who “look down on lordship” by despising theocratic order, who “speak abusively” of those entrusted with responsibility within the Christian congregation, and so ‘abandon the straight path.’ He says that their “final conditions have become worse for them than the first.”—Read carefully 2 Peter, chapter 2.
    To avoid falling away from the faith, we also need to guard against ingratitude. We should be thankful for the abundant spiritual food we are receiving through the “faithful and discreet slave.” (Matt. 24:45) This does not mean that we should not convince ourselves of things as we go along. In this respect, a twofold lesson can be learned from the Beroean Jews. To be sure, they ‘carefully examined the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so,’ but they were also “noble-minded” because “they received the word [being preached to them by Paul and Silas] with the greatest eagerness of mind.”—Acts 17:11.
    CAUSES
    Lack of faith
    Spirit of independence
    Ingratitude
    Presumption
    EFFECTS
    Loss of joy
    Rebelliousness
    Lack of spiritual nourishment
    Works of the flesh
    “Save them by snatching them out of the fire”

I read Russells will and the ones that he entrusted to carry out his wishes did not do so. The ones that tried to, were removed politically. I have been reading The finished Mystery book that Kent so kindly made available to us on the WT Observer, and I can see that the “Truth” that Russell preached is an entire different “Truth” that is being preached now. Russell started the WTS and he considered himself “The Faithful and Discreet Slave”. Rutherford agreed to that stated fact. Russell started it, Rutherford made “his” changes and continued it, and the successors deleted both of them. So now, who are the real Apostates.

Pureheart

• Francois
    Francois

Apostacy does not mean a falling away from Jehovah's Witnesses, you boob. It means a falling away from a proveable religious truth, and Jehovah's Witnesses don't have any religious truths to fall away from.

And btw, no one here needs your dollar ninety eight lectures. Why don't you run on down to the Kingdom Hall and start a Sunday school for the little ones? That's more your speed. The adults here, as noted, don't need you.

Francois

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz
    (1) Deviation from the truth
    (2) Twisted, empty speech
    (3) Efforts to subvert the faith of some and draw away disciples after themselves
    (4) Hypocrisy (‘wolves in sheep’s covering’)
    (5) Recognizable by their fruits; they ‘advance to more and more ungodliness’

Yeah, like Apostate Paul didn't have his tongue firmly up his cheeks when he said that Pureheart. lol.

Sure ol' Joe Rutherford apostasised from Charlie Russell. Just as the boys in brooklyn writing gradually apostasised from Judge Ratherflawed. Just as Russell apostasised from the Adventists, just as the adventists apostasised from protestantism, just as the protestants apostasised from the Catholics, just as the Catholics apostasised from the Greek Orthodx, just as the Paulian Greek Christians apostasised from Persian Mythraism and Jesus Nazarites, just as the conservative Nazarines apostasised from Judaism (or was that the other way arround ?) just as Zerubberbalian Judaeism apostasised from Egyptian and Moabite thought .. and back we go to the day Eve got fresh and said "here hubby eat this!"

It's just the way of it that religions grow and conservatives allways label the reformers emotive unsavory names like 'apostate and heretic'

cheers, unclebruce

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Dear Francios, You said: "It means a falling away from a proveable religious truth". I have never come across any proveable religious truth. I've certainly come across truck loads of religious viewpoints, all of which are proveable to those expounding them. IMO truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Marilyn

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Pureheart... may you have peace!

And may I say that if 'falling away from the truth' constitutes apostasy, then in FACT... the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of the Religious Order of the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses... and Kingdom Service... Incorporate... TRULY 'fits the bill'.

By calling THEMSELVES and their 'organization' the 'truth', they have IN FACT... COMPLETELY disregarded... and therefore have fallen away... or apostasized... from what IS the truth... or rather WHO... in FACT... IS the Truth... the ONE that said of himself what is recorded at John 14:6... and like the 'scribes and Pharisees' of my Lord's days in the flesh... in FACT... have 'seated THEMSELVES in the seat of Moses... (Matthew 23:2, 10)... thus in FACT making THEMSELVES the MEDIATOR between God and their members, rather than the one APPOINTED by God, His Son and Christ, my Lord... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH (1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 12:24).

The so-called "faithful and discreet slave" is in FACT... not... has not been... and never will be... the mediator of a covenant between God and man. Moses was the first; my Lord, the last. So, in FACT, there IS no other 'way' to get to God, for NO ONE comes to the Father... except THROUGH that One. And that One... in FACT... does not need a 'governing body' to 'oversee' his 'belongings'. He does so himself, just as he in FACT said: "Look... I... am with you... ALL the days... until the end of the age."

In FACT, Such ones 'seated themselves', however, LITERALLY... in 1938... when they declared the "Society" to be "the visible representation of the Lord on earth"... and passed and adopted a RESOLUTION to this fact (whereby they swore to the 'truth' of it)... when in FACT my Lord SAID... "[his] kingdom is NO part of this world." Thus, is it NOT 'visible', the last VISIBLE representation being the temple at Jerusalem. In FACT, since that time, my Lord's presence has been INVISIBLE, and manifested by the TRUE 'temple' of God... his Body... made up of the seed of Abraham... Israel... AND... a great crowd of people from EVERY nation, tribe, tongue and people.

1 Corinthians 3:16
    Revelation 7:4, 9, 15
    Revelation 5:9, 10

Just the facts, and I am...

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ (who apologizes for my 'zeal' - hush, Unk!)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Francois, sweetie, why don't you back off just a little. I didn't see a lecture in what Pureheart wrote. It sounded more like a journey of exploration....of trying out new ideas....of testing the waters. Give her a break here.....sheesh.

Not only was Russell an apostate from his former religion, but so, too, are the current GB apostates from what Russell taught....and so on, and so on.

One interesting point that I noticed:

Contrasting the happiness of his loyal servants with the sad condition of apostates,
    Who, really, are the ones who are happy? Most JWs put on a smiley face, but most are constantly worried that they are not living up to all the standards. They are constantly worried that they will do something that will put them in a bad light, or even cause them to get reproved. This is not, IMO, happiness. There also seems to be an inordinate amount of stress disorders and depression amongst JWs.

Conversely, I have experienced much more happiness and contentment by simply trying to pursue spirituality.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Francios,I agree with Red Horsewomen.Pureheart is new here and shes doing pretty good.Be a good guy and cut her a bit of slack..Have a good day eh!..OUTLAW

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If we analyze these warnings given by Jesus and Paul, the following identifying features of typical apostates emerge:
    : (1) Deviation from the truth

Or better yet, never having any "truth."

: (2) Twisted, empty speech

Read the collected works of Joe Rutherford, or Fred Franz, ALL of which are pretty much discarded now.

: (3) Efforts to subvert the faith of some and draw away disciples after themselves

Any typical Watchtower magazine or WTS book fits that category.

: (4) Hypocrisy (‘wolves in sheep’s covering’)

"We NEVER said that!" Typical WTS lying.

: (5) Recognizable by their fruits; they ‘advance to more and more ungodliness’

Child rape unstopped at the-very-top-of the org, child beatings to death, unholy shunnings, suicides after DFing for such minor matters as being caught smoking, family wrecking, ten thousand deaths because of unholy rules on blood transfusions, 12 years of banning organ transplants (how many deaths?), decades of banning vaccinations (how many deaths?), decades of banning alternative military service (how many deaths?)

There's lots more. I may be an "apostate," but I haven't abandoned human decency. The religion I left nearly 30 years ago abandoned it decades ago. And still do. They're dirt bags and human scum who only exist to glorify themselves.

'Nough said.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• msil
    msil

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

JW:

Reasoning Book, copyright 1985:

Astostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah's organization.

Websters Dictionary, copyright 1998:

a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, cause, party, etc.

If you think about it, almost everyone alive is apostate to something. All the ones that left their original religion to become a JW is apostate. As is anyone who goes from being Democrat to Republican. Or, as in my case, I am apostate because I no longer put my garbage into the recycle bin. Anyone disfellowshipped is also apostate.

When I was in the Borg I thought that all apostates were actively working against the Society (it never entered my mind about them working against Jehovah, only the Society). But by the Websters definition everyone who does not do what they once did, is apostate. Interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit