Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 04-27-08 WT Study (YIELDING)

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Borgia, I'm glad you brought out the point about the slave have to leave behind his wife and children if he accepted freedom. As if jws are told to divorce their mate and their children when then get baptized. That's the problem when using an OT example.

Thanks, Bluesbrother, for mentioning the small book study groups being a positive despite today's announcement. But then I've said many times that the WTS speaks out of both sides of their mouth.

Love, Blondie

• heathen
    heathen

The anual , obey! WT. Nothing new here , move along ...........

• Mary
    Mary
    7 What we read at Hebrews 2:12, 17 is significant. It shows that in an inclusive sense, Christ was a member of a congregation where he declared God’s name to his brothers. Who were those brothers? Those forming part of “Abraham’s seed,” the spirit-anointed brothers of Christ, “partakers of the heavenly calling.” (Hebrews 2:16–3:1; Matthew 25:40) Yes, the primary sense of “congregation” in the Christian Greek Scriptures is the composite group of spirit-anointed followers of Christ. These 144,000 anointed ones constitute “the congregation of the firstborn who have been enrolled in the heavens.”—Hebrews 12:23.

As per usual, they twist the scriptures to their own use. If you read Hebrews 2:16 is clearly says: "...For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants..."

Last time I checked, 'Abraham's decendants' were the Jews, not Jehovah's Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit