just wasting time

by Hortensia 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm just having a little conversation with myself...I miss my mother. I miss my friend Judy who died right after my mother died a few years ago. I don't miss my husband but I'm sick of taking out the garbage. I do miss a couple of old JW "friends" and today I gave in to the temptation to call one. She's the daughter of a woman who had been my very best friend for a long time, so I thought. Called the daughter, whom I always liked, and she sounded glad to hear from me. Caught me up on the gossip, who died, that sort of thing, how many kids she has and a long conversation about meth. She carefully avoided discussing the religion although she let me know she is still in by mentioning folks in the congregation, which was tactful of her. I enjoyed the conversation - I'm lonely I guess. But also when you are going through serious changes in life, I think you have a tendency to revisit the past. Nostalgia? Reframing? Anyway, was glad to talk with her. I don't have any expectations of any kind of a relationship developing, not if she is still a gung-ho Jdub.

Lots of folks having a hard time - Wings, Cognac, Hillbilly, others - too many to remember all the names. I want to be supportive, but seriously don't have much oomph right now. Maybe oompa will lend me some oomph! I should break this into several posts, as I am getting near 4000 and I shouldn't waste all my babble on one thread.

I love youtube. It's sort of like google - you think of something, do a search and there it is!!! How about Jimmy Durante singing "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother?" Do you know that I actually heard that on the radio the other day? I thought it was someone imitating Durante. Turns out he really did make that recording. Sounds like a joke, though, because I kept expecting him to make that funny hot-cha-cha noise he used to make. I couldn't stand Jimmy Durante.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Hortensia:

I'm with you - it's not a waste of time. I'm settling into my new life and enjoying it, refusing the self-deprecation once my wont. As I am immobile for the most part now, I have no choice but to make the best of it ... How else would I find time to chat up an ole dearie like you?

Love,

CoCo Stays Put

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I posted something for you on another thread - did you find it? an old favorite of mine - if you didn't find it I'll post it again.

Here it is: Cab Calloway

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx, Hortensia:

I haven't seen that one in years - love Betty Boop and the incredible surrealistic animation ...

CoCo

• changeling
    changeling

Hortensia: You are one of my favorite posters. You have a prickly way of being warm and fuzzy that I find very endearing!

I'm sorry that you've been feeling lonely. I feel that way sometimes, even though I'm married. Since leaving the WT I reallly have not done a good job of finding friends and I miss having them.

Please PM me anytime you feel down or lonely or just because,

changeling :)

PS Just because I'm married doesn't mean my garbage gets taken out, so I can relate to that too!

• changeling
    changeling

Hortensia, CoCo, have you guys ever met? I have uncanny powers as a matchmaker and I think you two wonderful people should get to know each other.

Whatcha think!

changeling ;)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks, Changeling, for the nice compliment. As for matchmaking, well, I just got divorced, probably ought to let that settle in for a hundred years or so! You are sweet, though.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Can I waste sometime with you?

hope4others

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I couldn't stand Jimmy Durante.

Me neither!

h40

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    how many kids she has and a long conversation about meth.

And why was she talking about Meth? I was shocked to learn one of the additives is toilet bowl cleaner. Cop told me that.

h40

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit