BIG WORLDWIDE ANNOUNCEMENT!! (echo echo echo!!!!!)

by LovesDubs 6 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Isnt that what they ALWAYS SAY???? Isnt that the HYPE they are giving this meeting change crap Sunday too?? And they say its SOOOO big that EVERY CONGREGATION AROUND THE WORLD WILL HEAR IT SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!! Well hell it HAS to be Armageddon if its THAT big right??? I HATE that they do this to these poor people but damned if it doesnt get their BUTTS IN THOSE SEATS at least for a DAY.

Does anyone remember when they did this to us back in...I think it was 90? I was pregnant I remember that...but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that day was that we were doing a BLITZ with FLIERS??? We were to go to every single house in our territory and put a leaflet on every single door and not stop to talk to ANYBODY just keep moving moving moving!!! And make sure EVERY PERSON WAS INFORMED....and on and ON and ON and FRICKIN ON they went like this was LIFE threatening if people didnt get this damn piece of paper!!

And I dont even remember WHAT IT SAID...but they got everybody sooooo damn excited that something (ANYTHING GOD PLEASE) was going to happen that would break up that mind numbingly boring existence we were living....hoping hoping hoping that God would bring an end to the system so we wouldnt have to go out in fricking SERVICE any more.

They promise that shiny new bike every year to their highly expectant trusting sheep and year after year deliver coal...and laugh at us like we were those prisoners at AbuGhreib. :(

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

So true - all sizzle, NO STEAK!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    Does anyone remember when they did this to us back in...I think it was 90? I was pregnant I remember that...but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that day was that we were doing a BLITZ with FLIERS??? We were to go to every single house in our territory and put a leaflet on every single door and not stop to talk to ANYBODY just keep moving moving moving!!!

I remember they did this in the late 90's like '98 or '99. It was easy time and tons of folks were out in service. Didn't have to talk to anybody. Just leave the tract in the door. Then was it back to the regular ministry, the number of folks going out went back down to normal.

But when they make announcements like this, folks drag all their non-JW relatives to the meeting so they can hear the announcement in case its has something to do with the great tribulation or something.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Does anyone remember when they did this to us back in...I think it was 90? I was pregnant I remember that...but the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that day was that we were doing a BLITZ with FLIERS??? We were to go to every single house in our territory and put a leaflet on every single door and not stop to talk to ANYBODY just keep moving moving moving!!! And make sure EVERY PERSON WAS INFORMED....and on and ON and ON and FRICKIN ON they went like this was LIFE threatening if people didnt get this damn piece of paper!!

And I dont even remember WHAT IT SAID...but they got everybody sooooo damn excited that something (ANYTHING GOD PLEASE) was going to happen that would break up that mind numbingly boring existence we were living....hoping hoping hoping that God would bring an end to the system so we wouldnt have to go out in fricking SERVICE any more.

Hi Sweetie! Nice to see you're still here....and posting!

I recall the very same tactics were used back in the early 70's where we all were given packets of 100 tracts each, to deliver to every home in the territory every day for ten days....no stopping to talk to the householder but only to see that they were handed the tract....

I don't remember exactly what IT said either, but it was red and I think it had the word ARMAGEDDON on the front. I can't tell you how many of these USELESS blitz campaigns I have participated in from1969-1999 when I walked away from the WTS.

hugs,

Annie

• Terry
    Terry

I remember shortly after I was paroled from prison a meeting in Dallas which announced the campaign to use the TRUTH book (The little blue catechism, THE TRUTH THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE) to separate sheep from goats and get everybody into the ark of salvation before ARMAGEDDON came in 1975.

This was the last gigantic hype promotion connected with Jehovah's Witnesess worldwide that drew international attention.

No longer would it be a policy to have a "bible' study with interested or sheeplike persons ad nauseum until THEY were ready (if ever) to commit to baptism. 6 months maximum was the outside time limit for decisive action.

The numbers swelled from 1969 to 1975 only to begin a gusher of an artery laceration that bled the ranks when it all became obviously a FALSE PROPHECY.

The organization has never recovered from that gaffe!!

Ask old timers about it and watch them squirm!!

Newcommers are told a pack of lies the old timers realize is hogwash. Very uncomfortable moment when an oldtimer hears a newcommer talk about events such as this and they have to bite their tongue!!

• anewme
    anewme

If old Noah was loaded into the ark over and over again and then reprimanded for jumping to conclusions he too might have gotten a little skeptical and hesitant to be fooled again!

• kifoy
    kifoy

I remember the big announcement in the 90s (I think). When it was announced that we would no longer sell the literature, but offer it for free and ask for donations.

Back then it was also announced a week beforehand that there would be a BIG announcement the next Sunday...

Anyway. The PO in my cong. knew. (I don't remember if the other elders knew). He would not tell anyone, but put on this smart grin on his face when we asked him about it.

A young man (I don't think he was baptized at the time) asked him if the announcement might be that the JW was not the truth after all?

The PO did not smile to that one

Later I've been thinking of how right he was

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit