When I was having breakfast next to Marlon Brando.........

by BlackPearl 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

(Circa 1973) I would never have known or realised at that young age who he really was. I just remember our family vacationing over the Christmas Holiday's in Big Bear California, it was always quite snowy in Big Bear during the winter. We went out for breakfast at the local "Log Cabin" restaurant and there was Marlon Brando, family and all, having breakfast. I was really too young to understand (about ten years old) who this great man was, all I knew is he was a great movie star, a movie legend. He left a $10.00 tip on the table for the waitress, and we were in aww.

I'm now 45 years of age, just watched the Godfather I and II for the first time in my life.

Talk about making connections from your past.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

You're the same age as me, and this is the First Time in your life you've ever seen the Godfathers I and II? I am amazed, but at the same time, I envy you the experience of seeing it with new eyes.

Now, do yourself a favor, and skip number III. It's a major disappointment. The first half is good, the second half tries to be a riff on medieval Italian internecine warfare. And Sofia Coppola, bless her heart, may be a fine director, but she's a terrible actress. In a parallel universe, Winona Ryder gives a stellar performance as Mary Corleone, but in our dimension, we are stuck with a kid who keeps nervously running hands through her hair, and talks all "Like wow! Fer sher!"

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    We went out for breakfast at the local "Log Cabin" restaurant and there was Marlon Brando, family and all, having breakfast

Lucky you are, what a super actor he was.

hope4others

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I'm now 45 years of age, just watched the Godfather I and II for the first time in my life.

No wonder it took so long, it was off limits to jw's. How did you like it?

Cheers!

hope4others

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

I loved it! I got the raspy voice of Vito Corleone down pat. I've even got people kissing my hands now.... It was a great couple of movies. It was amazing in a way that took you to the world of another family, almost like you were there. Amazing to think that Brando was probably filming that movie at the very time we saw him. I had no idea at the time.

• inkling
    inkling
    this is the First Time in your life you've ever seen the Godfathers I and II? I am amazed, but at the same time, I envy you the experience of seeing it with new eyes.

I have never seen either... should I?

• Layla33
    Layla33

I thought he was just amazing in "A streetcare named desire" and absolutely gorgeous.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I have my mom's jewlery box that plays the Godfather theme, it was a gift from my dad. They went to #1 on a date, after they got married.

momz

• BlackPearl
  • ninja
    ninja

marlon brando?....now if it was marilyn monroe you would have piqued my interest

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit