How many will bother going to the bookstudy between now and January?

by DT 11 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT

If I were still in, I would find it hard to be excited about going to the book study now that I know it is doomed. The Revelation book has already been hashed to death. The silly five finger death grip illustration doesn't apply any more. It's obvious that the book study won't be a provision to help the Witnesses through the great tribulation. It's likely that the other Witnesses will also lose their enthusiasm for the bookstudy. Why bother? The governing body is admitting that the private home bookstudies aren't needed. It appears that they are just postponing it's demise for mundane organisational reasons and to give people time to emotionally adjust. I would probably prefer to start adjusting to this change now by not going or by going less frequently. What do you think?

• DT
    DT

bttt

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good point. Many probably won't bother.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

They will probably still count it as 5 meetings.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never did like that "death grip" illustration because, if the boasting sessions are all redundant or (worse) blatantly attempts on the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's part to stifle fulfillment, holding onto them only means holding onto stagnation.

Hopefully, that is the end of the book study attendance. And I hope that the same people that start skipping them also blow off field circus when they put it in place of the book study. I don't want the Washtowel Slaveholdery to get any benefit from this.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I wonder if many will allow this to affect their view of the meetings and what they're told about them. For so long, every one of those meetings has been put forward as something very important, not to be missed, an important part of Jehovah's feast. And then you're suddenly told that one of them is being amalgamated into another one.

Will some wonder if they can be bothered with the Thursday meeting, too?

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

If I was still in, I know this would be a HUGE wake-up call for myself and my family ... I would immediately CEASE attending, figuring if it was going to be amalgamated, what on earth would an 8-month delay in effecting that amalgamation be all about? The price of gas reason could have something to do with it, but again, the price is already high now, why leave it another 8 months to take effect? I'd start cutting back RIGHT AWAY!

• sir82
    sir82

Exactly.

If they thought attendance was bad at the CBS now, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

• laneh
    laneh

The Book Study is being swifted to another day; not eliminated.

• DT
    DT

The Book Study is being swifted to another day; not eliminated.

Yes, that is my understanding. It seems my post made it sound like it was being eliminated. I'm sorry about that. The material will still be covered in a condensed manner. However, the main elements of the book study arrangement like the separate meeting in a private home, the association with a small group, the shepherding by an elder who is familiar with that group and preparing for the great tribulation by associating with that small group will all be gone. I remember hearing all my life about how there was so much more involved than the information being covered. Now much of that is being discarded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit