MAD AS A HATTER - C. T. RUSSELL ?

by freeman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

I’m kind of new here so please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone given serious thought to the fact that poor old Charlie, resting we hope in peace under his pyramid, was a victim of mercury poisoning; a victim as we are now victims of his religious delusions? If true, this sure would explain a lot.

Just a few quotes about the effects of mercury poisoning upon haberdashers, i.e. hat makers such as C. T. Russell was:

“The victim of mercury poisoning typically undergoes a personality change”

“People working in the FELT HAT INDUSTRY were exposed to mercury vapor and were notorious for their bizarre behavior - this is the origin of the phrase “AS MAD AS A HATTER”

I say we get a court order and exhume old Charlie and test his remains for traces of mercury poisoning!

Any thoughts?

Freeman (standing by with his pick-ax and shovel)

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I’m kind of new here so please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but has anyone given serious thought to the fact that poor old Charlie, resting we hope in peace under his pyramid,

Chuck is not buried directly under his pyramid. His tombstone and grave are some yards away.

:...was a victim of mercury poisoning; a victim as we are now victims of his religious delusions? If true, this sure would explain a lot.

: Just a few quotes about the effects of mercury poisoning upon haberdashers, i.e. hat makers such as C. T. Russell was:

: “The victim of mercury poisoning typically undergoes a personality change”

: “People working in the FELT HAT INDUSTRY were exposed to mercury vapor and were notorious for their bizarre behavior - this is the origin of the phrase “AS MAD AS A HATTER”

There is some compelling evidence that Chuck was poisoned, but not with mercury, and in a way that was consistent with the symptoms he exhibited before his death. I'm not going to spoil the thunder of the one who discovered this information until that person chooses to let it be widely known, though.

With regards to what caused Chuck to be crazy, I suggest you do some research into the mental health of his family members, including his father and brother. This will require primary research though, and you won't find it on the web.

: I say we get a court order and exhume old Charlie and test his remains for traces of mercury poisoning!

: Any thoughts?

His living, distant relatives have already given permission for an exhumation and autopsy, I've been told. It's quite an expensive process, though, costing thousands of dollars.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• ianao
    ianao

Farkel:

There is some compelling evidence that Chuck was poisoned, but not with mercury, and in a way that was consistent with the symptoms he exhibited before his death. I'm not going to spoil the thunder of the one who discovered this information until that person chooses to let it be widely known, though.
    When will "that person" be publishing his book so that a certain individual typing this post can read it!?
  • JanH
    JanH

Farkel,

I hope this and other long-anounced books and events are not like Armageddon...

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• radar
    radar

If it is the guy who I am thinking about, don't hold your breath!

Radar

All that we see or seem/ Is but a dream within a dream.

-Edgar Allen Poe

• Farkel
    Farkel

ianao,

: When will "that person" be publishing his book so that a certain individual typing this post can read it!?

Most if not all of the research has been done, and a great deal of that research has been primary, and very expensive to obtain. This book (when published) will blow the lid off of the WTS's carefully-crafted whitewashing of Russell's life.

Jan,

: I hope this and other long-anounced books and events are not like Armageddon...

Me, too! However, I will bet you a Guiness that this book has an infinitely better chance of getting published than Armageddon has of coming "real soon, now!"

radar,

: If it is the guy who I am thinking about, don't hold your breath!

Are guys the only people who can write books, radar?

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• freeman
    freeman

Thanks for the info Farkel,

I always enjoy your posts and have often found them to be quite educational too. If his relatives have agreed to an exhumation, that suggests they suspect fowl-play. I had no idea about the poisoning angle other then he seemed to be a bit nutty and I thought he could have been poisoned by mercury since it is my understanding he was a haberdasher.

And so the plot thickens. Who could it be? His X, his mistress, his manservant Friday (or whatever the heck his name was that traveled with him on the train). Or could it be (gasp) DA Judge! Now that is a who-done-it I would love to read about.

Freeman

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Who could it be? His X, his mistress, his manservant Friday (or whatever the heck his name was that traveled with him on the train). Or could it be (gasp) DA Judge! Now that is a who-done-it I would love to read about.

It certainly wasn't the butler!

Now, who had the most to gain with Russell out of the way?

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• MadApostate
    MadApostate
    Now, who had the most to gain with Russell out of the way?

Farkel

ILLUMINATI?

MASONS?

BOLSHEVIKS?

KAISER WILHELM?

Maybe Russell was really killed by THE MUMMY!!! After all, he had visited the Great Pyramid a couple times, and likely picked up the Mummy's Curse. And, as the world's most prominent pyramidologist, THE MUMMY would have had "motive".

• Room 215
    Room 215

Farkel, et al....
    Where is Hercule Poirot when we need him? At this point, I'd settle for Charlie Chan, or even Clouseau!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit