A offense against all involved?

by DJK 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• White Dove
    White Dove

This discussion is waaaaay to important to leave at the bottom, sooo...

BTT

• DJK
    DJK
    Children make very bad witnesses because of their limited language development and they can be coached and threatened by others to say what the rapists want them to say.

In some states, New Hampshire for one, a child has to be able to name dates, time and places before a prosecutor will seek charges. That can be hard for children under six.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hard for kids under 6 to name dates, times, and places. You know, that is the second rape victims go through, having to deal with the system over and over and over again and get treated like they are lying because they can't remember everything. No, this can't go on the way it is. Something has to change.

• DJK
    DJK
    Something has to change.

Agreed.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'll be starting a social work degree in the fall. I'll see what I can do about the system, if anything, after I graduate. Maybe I can do something in the pedophile victim area while getting my masters. That can be my graduate project. I will really try. Poor little kids

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

here is my problem. On one hand they say we must not judge, it is not for us to judge. yet they will form a JC in the drop of a hat at the slightest offence. But, when it comes to a 'real' court of law doing their job, they will fight hat process tooth and nail. let someone challenge the JC and the appeal body almost always upholds the original decision. fuggin hypocrites.

• flipper
    flipper

DJK- I anti -witnessed to a local presiding overseer that came to my door last year about the child abuse scandals. I asked him if he would go to the authorities if he knew a witness child was being abused. He said, " Probably ". I asked, " Probably?" Then I asked him , " What about Romans 13:1 that says that we are to be in subjection to the superior authorities ? They stand placed there by God to exercise punishment on lawless people ! Are you going to prevent the authorities from doing their job of punishing pedophiles by NOT reporting it to the authorities ? Then you are going against Jehovah's arrangement ! " He said , Well, yes if the child was in danger I'd report it . "

Personally, I feel the whole organization is freaking crazy ! The main thing they are concerned about is appearance to the public ; and their own rank and file members , so they don't start leaving in droves ! It's ridiculous ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

I was molested by my father from age 5 to 12. The Elders were told a year after it stopped. They didn't do anything to my father and didn't report it either. I would like to say that I was treated very nicely by the Elders and wasn't made to feel like it was my fault.

• A Mother
    A Mother

The "Elders" response was basic j.w. rhetoric. So much hot air sounding like an explanation as it whistled by. He should have said, " In our club we protect the club at all costs, even sacrificing young children who ask for mercy." "How dare they complain in the first place! Our organization is God's Club,and as such we do not like bad p.r." AS IF GOD cannot keep his reputation CLEAN, these RATS scurry about shutting down escape routs for abused children. They say it is their duty to protect Jehovah's name, how ludicrous!! These mice think it is their duty to protect the almighty s "name"? They are covering their lazy butts. SO this elder seemed to throw in a lot of "what ifs", well nit wit why not put it in the hands of TRAINED authorities?? OH thats right, I forgot, reading tons of mandated literature makes you superior in thought and judgment. This verbose creep would defiantly not be allowed near my child. Anyone who mealy mouths about protecting children should be assigned stamp licking duty. Am so tired of these wimpy J.W. so called men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit