Hanging on the words of the WBTS.

by Caedes 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes

It seems that we haven't changed much, we are all as excited by the latest announcements as when we were sat in that KH.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I like eating popcorn, drinking a Diet Coke and watching the movie a whole lot better than being in the movie.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I like eating popcorn, drinking a Diet Coke and watching the movie a whole lot better than being in the movie.

• Caedes
    Caedes

I have heard it said that making a movie is 90% sitting around being bored stupid, so I think that your analogy may be correct.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The excitement might not have abated but surely the reasons have changed, Caedes. I no longer become eager in expectation that this might be a signal of the nearness of the end.

When the CBS conductors became CBS Overseers I thought that portended readiness for the Great Tribulation, preparing for a need to have small, autonomous groups (patterned after something similar to 'cells' of certain nefarious organizations we know of today) in the days ahead. Now, with news such as this, I see more pressure and control applied from the top downward and expectantly await the fine silt that will no doubt join us out here in freedom.

JWs have complained for a few years that their opportunities for comfortable fellowship have been greatly curtailed by official policies of the organization. Goodie Night was something even hangers-on seemed to look forward to, mostly because of the relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie (the food wasn't usually good enough to be a real draw), and now even that has been snatched away. Apparently, the last thing the organization wants is an opportunity for humans to behave like humans toward one another.

I am very excited. This is great news. I expectantly await the fallout of my predictions coming true. There is no loosening of the reins, the bits are being drawn ever more tightly into the mouths of those the Governing Body drives before them. The paranoia of the leadership along with their utter lack of discretion and insight is becoming steadily more apparent with each shortsighted decision they spring on the herd.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With all the "special(??)" announcements that turned out to be total crap, I no longer have any excitement about them. How many times has the "special announcement" turned out to be a call for everyone to pioneer or for volunteers to work in unassigned territory? I have seen enough of those.

As for anything really huge, it would hit this board. All it takes is for one blabbermouth to blab it here, and everyone will see it and it will become common knowledge to us apostates long before anyone in the congregations even know anything is going to happen. I have seen just about everything that matters on this board--in fact, it is like going to the meetings without being obligated to actually follow the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. And without having limitations against using independent sources. And without having to associate with Brother Hounder or those who Brother Hounder has assigned me to.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Caedes you have a point!

They create a network of pain bodies in followers and feed it with their literature!

And exJWs pain bodies are fed by negatives about the WT.

Plausible?

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

We are here to hear something that may help our families to wake up.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Auld soul,

yes the reasons may have changed but I'm not so sure the Gb is so stupid that they will do anything drastic. As princess Leia said to grand moff Tarkin "the tighter you squeeze the more systems will slip through your fingers" They must surely realise that? If only because of the figures.

WTwizard,

That is exactly my point, all these big announcements are not changing anything.

R. Crusoe

I think we all sometimes (for the best of reasons) fixate on anything negative about them. The new bookstudy thing (if true) is an example, they are damned if they cut a night as surely as they would have been if they increased the number of meetings.

Ootb

You and me both, I just can't see the GB making any changes big enough to jolt anyone out of their reverie.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Caedes: yes the reasons may have changed but I'm not so sure the Gb is so stupid that they will do anything drastic. As princess Leia said to grand moff Tarkin "the tighter you squeeze the more systems will slip through your fingers" They must surely realise that? If only because of the figures.

I don't believe intelligence drives their decisions so much as does an intinctively overprotectiveness. I sincerely doubt they will regard their measures as drastic, even in their most private of thoughts, however much their decisions may seem so to those who analyze from outside their cloistering cocoon of religious zealotry. I am certain that when this young caterpillar of a religion finishes its metamorphosis it will be little more than a malnourished lump of unrealized bug squish incapable of even breaking out of its own shell.

Caedes: I think we all sometimes (for the best of reasons) fixate on anything negative about them. The new bookstudy thing (if true) is an example, they are damned if they cut a night as surely as they would have been if they increased the number of meetings.

Well, when it comes to high-control religions I must admit that any move they make is the wrong one if it does not trend toward mainstreaming normalcy and reduced control. You agree, do you not?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit