leolaia said Isaiah 3:16-17

by blkblk13 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

JCanon, Jesus is not Michael

But of the Son He says, 'Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever...'" Hebrews 1:8a (emphasis added).

"But to which of the angels has He ever said, 'Sit at My right hand, until I make Thine enemies a footstool for Thy feet?' Are they [the angels] not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:13-14 (emphasis added).

As I said earlier, it is interesting how various one interpret this. It's like Republicans and Democrats on the same thing. My position is that if Jesus was not an angel there would be no need to compare him to OTHER angels. The fact that a comparison is being made with angels in inself suggests he is an angel.

Thus the reference is in how Jesus is different from the OTHER angels. In that to none of the OTHER angels did Jehovah say: "This is my son", etc. This only indicates that Jesus was unique from the other angels, the only ARCHangel and the only one directly created by God. Thus this scripture explains why Jesus is called the ONLY-BEGOTTEN son. All the other angels were "through" Christ. Only Jesus was directly created by God.

So this, in fact, proves that Jesus is definitely an angel since he is being compared with them.

If you had ten sons and ten daughters and you had a favorite. You wouldn't say: "To which of my ten sons did I say, "You are my favorite daughter." It makes no sense. But it makes sense if you say: "To which of my ten daughters did I say, "You are my favorite daughter"?

Jehovah is distinguishing the unique nature of Jesus as an angel to the others and that distinction is that he was uniquely created and is the only ARCHangel. Why else compare him to angels?

But explaining to certain people that it makes little sense to compare Jesus to angels unless he was one doesn't seem to resonate. If Jesus wasn't an angel, then this would be the same as Jehovah saying: "To which MAN did I say, "This is my son?" Why compare Jesus to men, unless he was a man? Why compare Jesus to his "fellows", the angels, unless he was an angel himself. Plus 1 Thess says he has an "archangel's voice" and what normal circumstance does anyone use someone else's VOICE? A voice is a personal thing.

So sorry, dive off if you wish, but in this case JWs are well founded on Jesus being Michael an angel.

JC

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear blkblk13...

in dan 12:1 michael stands up during the tribulation...in mark 13:24-27 (the second coming)...THEY will see the the Son of Man coming in the clouds with power and great glory...question: in apocalyptic literature who is represented by stars?... hint not JESUS

love michelle

• JCanon
    JCanon

dear blkblk13...

in dan 12:1 michael stands up during the tribulation...in mark 13:24-27 (the second coming)...THEY will see the the Son of Man coming in the clouds with power and great glory...question: in apocalyptic literature who is represented by stars?... hint not JESUS

love michelle

Generally, in cosmological terms, the Sun is Jesus, the Moon is his bride, the anointed, and the stars often represent the angels. Stars as angels are the most consistent reference (i.e. when Satan's rebel angels are cast out they are called stars). JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit