Major changes between the years 1968 and 2005

by White Dove 11 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

What are some major changes during these years that I was completely in the dark about? These are the years that I was in.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hey White D.

Here's a few:

1968-1975: The end will probably, very likely, come in 1975.

1976. The end didn't come yet. But it will come before the Generation born in 1914 dies

1972. Body of elders arrangement begins (replacing congregation servant, just one man). GB expanded to 18.

1976: GB begins functioning as 6 committees. WTS president's power diluted.

1980-1982: Cleansing from Bethel. Bunch of Apostates kicked out.

1995. New understanding of generation.. its the bad people.

1990's the sheep and the goats parable will be fulfilled after the great tribulation...

Anything I missed?

A@G

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought the 1995 change was from generation that saw and understood the events in 1914 to the era that has features of the last days in it, like a lot of violence and earthquakes. However long that era lasts doesn't matter. Just that time with those events in them is important. Boy, did I misunderstand that change of prophecy.

So, how is it that it's the bad guys? I'm confused.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Late 90's: Bloodfractions allowed

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

White and Awakened, just this past sundays Watchtower study made a major change concerning the teaching about "THIS GENERATION". The new understanding, new lightis that the anointed are / is "This generation".

Blueblades

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

As I hazily recall, the heart was the seat of motivation until the mid 70's( so it couldn't be transplanted). Then it became "just a pump". I guess one of the GB needed a heart transplant!!!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Oh, and "higher" education was a no no until Brookyn needed to update to computers and the old geezers needed a hospital to keep them running.

Suddenly a call for nerds, Drs and nurses. When need was filled, it was a nono again.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And practical changes. Entertainment is more restricted now than in 1968. Gatherings are looked down on now. They are also more paranoid about the Internet and outside sources of Bible knowledge. No independent commentaries in talks. The Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" now uses snippets from Washtowel magazines instead of the Bible sometimes.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"The Disgusting Thing" before 1990 it was the UN standing in a "Holy place" - by claiming it can accomplish what only the Kingdumb will.

Now this standing in a holy place has not yet happened, and it will be the desolator of "false religion" standing in a place which Christendumb considers "holy".

They have actually pulled the rug from under the only piece of "proof" that the UN is the disgusting thing - "when you see the disgusting thing, flee to the mountains" meant that since the founding of the UN people are fleeing from Christendom before her destuction.

There is now absolutely NO proff the the UN fits this role. The WT tries to hide this by saying "although the reasoning was wrong, it enabled the Bible Students to correctly identify the League of nations as the disgusting thing."

HB

HB

• dawg
    dawg

Sorry, I must go there!

Once you could lick, then it was a Df offense, then you could lick, then it was a DF offense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit