Major announcements are not made on Sundays! (Reality check)

by restrangled 8 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Lets get a few things straight.......

Major announcements are NEVER major announcements.

Announcements are never made on a Sunday and would most likely be in the KM handout and covered by a talk assigned to someone most likely unable to speak publicly.

The book studies are the least likely to get axed, because we all know this is the forum to remain during the time period when religion will be banned in the U.S. and the witnesses come under persecution.

So will everyone please calm down, this is worse than the witnesses just before 1975.

r.

• changeling
    changeling

Actually, remember when they went to the donation only arrangement? That was announced on a Sunday.

How are ya?

changeling :)

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Remember back in 2005, after the Special Talk when the OM book was revamped? Publishers were told for weeks not to miss that Sunday meeting.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Changeling and Sweetface....How are you girls?

Well I'll be darned.....haven't been back since about 1978 other than a few Sundays in between then and now... so had no idea they started making announcements on Sundays! .....You have to admit...Nothing announced seems major.

I remember being at the assembly where they announced the Elder system......OH MY GOD...these would be the men leading in Paradise that was less than a few years away! The princes serving under Christ in the New System, all chosen by the Holy Spirit. I think this is the biggest crock of BS they ever came up with. You should have seen the line up at our KH.......

Anyway, nice to hear from both of you.....

Take care girls!

r.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Lets get a few things straight.......

Major announcements are NEVER major announcements.

Announcements are never made on a Sunday and would most likely be in the KM handout and covered by a talk assigned to someone most likely unable to speak publicly.

LOL. So true, r.!

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

One less meeting / week is a huge announcement

And you can be shure it will be done next weekend.

By

• tika
    tika

Right you are restrangled, what I think is utterly fabulous is that my MIl and her dingy sister will get to the hall a half and hour earlier than normal that sunday so they can get a good seat for the big anouncement... ROTFLOL!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I dont know what to think about this whole supposed "announcement"... I hope its true...more time for kids to spend on their homework, young people to take more night classes at ....college!

I asked a friend who is still an elder. and what does he say to me?.... he starts making squeaky noises about me turning apostate...LOL..if he only knew... Well, I told him that if it turns out to be true, let me know...either way, I wont be there Sunday...

Snakes ()

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Last week we heard the give some money to the missionaries so they can go to the international assemblies 3 times! Sun - Thu - Sun. It looks like Sundays are not sacred anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit