Remember "The Truman Show"?

by changeling 16 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
  • changeling
    changeling

oops..........

Anyway, I saw it on TV yesterday. First time since it came out years ago.

I got the funny feeling that I knew exactly the way Truman felt when he realized the sham he had lived.

Being a life long, born "in" witness and walking away from it all is like being Truman and leaving the big bubble.

Anybody feel the same?

changeling

• changeling
    changeling

Guess not...

changeling (of the weird thoughts class)

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Yup, I thought the same thing when I first saw that film...

when everything you think is real suddenly isn't... and the web of lies and half truths start to unravel, despite everyone who is "in" arguing otherwise.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

yep, i wuz just thinking of it the other day.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

While I was completely in an active, I thought that my whole life was the Truman Show and they were justing see how far they could push me before I committed hairy cary.

One

• changeling
    changeling

Good to know I'm in good company!

changeling :)

• BigBloomerz
    BigBloomerz

I remember watching The Truman Show when it first was released, i cried at most of it, and after reading your post decided to watch it again (i have it on dvd) And cried even more, i totally understand what you mean. He was trapped and couldnt understand or find a way out of it all, until someone helped him along the way.

• flipper
    flipper

CHANGELING- Good to hear from you sis! Yes, my wife and I watched the Truman Show about a month ago on a VHS tape I had recorded years ago. She had never seen it . Good movie. I agree it is very much like coming out of the witness organization as in finally getting out a person is less " mind and thought " controlled and allowed to have the freedom to choose what they want to do in life- much like Truman did once he escaped the controlling grasp of Ed Harris in the movie ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

JimmyPage - that must have been weird! Changeling, yes, it is exactly how I felt. However, I left long before that movie, so at the time I related it more to being a space alien who had landed on a new planet. Talk about culture shock! I still feel like the Truman Show that I was deceived and that my whole life was a sham. It hasn't changed, things like that are still happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit