*20 ways you know you are from Alabama :
1. You can properly pronounce Arab, Cahaba, Opelika , Sylacauga, Oneonta,
Eufaula, and Wedowee.
2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look
for a funnel.
4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the
distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
6. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.
7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
8. You measure distance in minutes.
(It's about 5 minutes down the road)
9. You go to t he lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding
13. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, and bait
all in the same store.
15. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol.
A Ford F-350 4x4 Extended Bed
Crew Cab dually is.
16. You know everything goes better with Ranch Dressing, or Ketchup.
17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
18. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin" to send them to your
19. You have used your heater and air-conditioner in the same day.
Finally: You are 100% Alabamian if you have ever had this conversation:
20. "You wanna coke?" "Yeah." "What kind?""Dr Pepper.