Conversation with My Mother!

by oneairhead 2 Replies latest jw friends

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Well, I may have gone to far today. My mom was talking to me about distractions in the world and how Satan uses everything he can.....etc. etc.

I explained that I thought that to many people used Satan as a crutch. Something doesn't work out, it's Satan, people divorce, its Satan, a person makes a bad decision, it's Satan.

So she says, so you don't believe in Satan? I said no that's not what I am saying, I believe in Jehovah (God), Jesus and the Bible. She just got up and left. My dad was there but milling around.

They were about to leave and so I said let me hug you because I may destroyed if armageddon comes along with the other 6.5 billion people in the world.

I think that I should apologize, because that will not win anyone away.

Another thing I did was speak with my dad about the in fighting between the various departments at Bethell. I also told him that Losch was saying that college was like commiting suicide and that her was saying God was going to use radiation to melt the flesh off people bones at the big A.

He listened, and agreed that it was not a good way to motivate people.

One

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I thought that to many people used Satan as a crutch. Something doesn't work out, it's Satan, people divorce, its Satan, a person makes a bad decision, it's Satan.

I would say, "Do not apologize."

Many JW's would agree with you. It is automatic that some people blame Satan when bad stuff
    happens, and credit God when good stuff happens. Just show her that the Bible says that
    "time and unforeseen occurrance befall us all."

My opinion is that you can't make any headway getting a JW to think for themself if you always
    apologize for trying to say something.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Well, I went back over for dinner and there was no mention of the incident so I guess all is well. I did not bring it up or apologize. I did make it clear that I love her very much.

One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit