Forgive the Governing Body

by edward gentry 23 Replies latest jw friends

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

I dont HATE the Governing body, nor the president.
    Not even Rutherford.
    After reading all that old dub material I came to believe all those old croakers running the org are just pathetic, brainwashed old men, trapped in their 60 years of organizational experience.
    I feel sorry for the old fossils.
    Imagine all the life experience theyve missed out on.
    Imagine the disaapointment when they finally go up the tunnel of light into death and find out theyve been slaves to an entity that eats souls.
    They just dont know any better.
    I pity them. Not hate them.
    Compassionate and forgiving aint I?

Agree?/Disagree?

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I don't hate them either. I did once but I learned to let that anger and pain go away. I pretty much agree with your post but I wonder at times just how much is sincere but deluded beliefs and how much is intentional lying or misdirection to maintain control.

I've seen a lot of shit go down in individual congregations on the premise that at all costs protect the Organization. The old scripture of tying a millstone around your neck and throwing yourself overboard usually comes up here. So, in effect I think there is some lying (the ends justifies the means) but I don't know where they draw the line. Sometimes though, if you tell enough lies you believe it.

I don't share your conjecture of them discovering they are wrong when they die as I don't believe in any afterlife but I hope they get a taste of the bitter realization of what they have done and the countless lives they have ruined before they die.

If they could even feel a fraction of this pain and the harm done to the the masses, they would probably all kill themselves.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

Mind...
    I dont believe theres ANY "intentional" control.
    Sure, they are obsessed with controlling things but the old bastards have rationalized excuses as to why its necessary.
    They sit round the big oak table and mumble "Consider brothers, if this reached the level of public knowledge...why..some might be stumbled, misunderstand and fall away. Missing out on eternal life".
    Thats how they reason.
    They convince themselves their doing it to PROTECT us sheep.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

I just feel pity for ALL JW's, no matter what their "position"..

Ooops, I forgot, there are no titles, everyone is equal to everyone else in the JW organization...

So, I have pity for the GB just like I do for any R&F JW... (They are equal, right?)

It is very sad and it truly breaks my heart to think my friend, his fiancee, etc.. believe that they are serving God 100% correctly, and don't even see the judgements they pass out on a daily basis.. (Just 1 example of the hypocrisy they practice without even being aware of it, let alone the unscriptural and unchristian behaviour they display)..

I don't believe God will truly punish the people that are just being led, because they really have no idea they are being led.. They will feel bad enough when their Judgement comes, and they realize what they believed was a lie... I think that will be their punishment for not truly 'looking' as I'm sure every JW at some point or another hears something that doesn't quite sit well with them (a bit of the truth must peek through once in a while)

However, if there are any JW's (and we know there are) that realize that this is not the truth, but are staying in it anyway, then they will IMHO be judged harshly!!! And if there are any GB members that don't believe in their hearts that this is the 'true' religion, I really pity them, for these people truly have no conscience, and will be judged very harshly!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter how you cut it, the JW religion is a mess, and it not only ruins the lives of it's followers, but effects all their loved ones as well..

• JT
    JT

ed

i often times reflect back on rays book- one of the things that stood out was he felt sorry for the guys he left behind

and i agree i don;t hate those guys i too feel sorry

and you are correct they have been so consumed with being "A Society Man" that after 40-60 yrs they literally live sleep and breath Organization

how sad

i often think of the time that Freddy Franz told us he was interested in a sister as a young man and due to the mindset of DON'T MARRY HE gave up some "Coochie" and for 90yrs he never (unless he was lying) had the chance to feel the wonderful feeling of making love to a woman

him and Gangas, Booth, and so many other bethelites i knew who never got married missed out on a natural and NORMAL part of life

Do you recall how often the WT would say YOU CAN'T LIVE A NORMAL LIFE

and that is what so many jw did -----"NOT LIVE A NORMAL LIFE"

no wife, kids grandkids, offsprings- the normal things of life

they gave it all up for a PIPE Dream and some Beach Front Property Timeshare and they are holding WEEK 53

JAMES

• teejay
    teejay

Feel sorry for 'em, Ed?

Nah. Not me. Yeah sure, they miss out on some of the "normal" joys of life that most people take for granted, but they have some joys that most others can only dream of. No life is perfect. Not mine. Not theirs. Everyone has trade-offs to make.

If anything, they oughta feel sorry for a pitiful bum like me... having to work for a living, worrying about bills and insurance payments... a mortgage. Wondering if I'll be able to take the family on a vacation this year. They live their whole lives without a clue to these miseries.

Nah, I don't feel sorry for them. They have their share of happiness. God bless 'em.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Like the Pharisees.. the GB... practicing their idea of "righteousness" in front of others, gaining their reward in full right now.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• Celtic
    Celtic

Yes agree. Anger will only chew me up and spit me out in the end. The old fossils were just somewhat misguided, they're still human, no different from anyone else. Would I put my own life at risk to save one of them if required? Yes, the same as I would for anyone else.

peace

celtic

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

You guys are mighty generous to the GB. While I try to not hate them as persons, I certainly do hate much of what they have done. A few examples:

1. They have caused the death of thousands through their murderous blood abstention policy
    2. As noted often on this board they have driven others to suicide
    3. They have convinced some, like my dad, to be loyal “society men” and as a result I have never had a normal father-son relationship with him. Today we can not talk at all about religion or other serious issues

Most of you on this board are condemning the father who recently killed his daughter during an act of punishment. Some give him some slack because he may have been following what he perceived as his duty per the Watchtower. He killed just one under his care. The GB has been responsible for thousands of lives lost. They make that father in Chicago (if that is where it happened) look like an amateur.

Only one GB member ever walked out and said “enough of this evil.” They are all murderers and the lowest possible scum.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Celtic
    Celtic

Would I though given the chance sabotage their distribution networks if I had the skill or expertise, i.e. disable their printing works or transports systems? I cannot say I would not be strongly tempted. But I couldn't harm anyone.

peace

celtic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit