Espresso article on WT website

by loosie 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Honesty
    Honesty

Most 5 year old NON-JW girls already know what is at the bottom of the article...

Coffee beans stay fresh longer
    than ground coffee

• JeffT
    JeffT

Did they buy some Starbuck's stock?

I can't imagine why else they even bother writing such drivel.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

At first I was going to say they are getting hard up for articles, because it says Nov 1997 at the bottom

of the page so its a re print. Then going to the front home page there it is, the same article.

hope4others

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

They are almost all repeat older articles, check it out. Can't think of any new or current information I guess they

are becoming mentally stagnant, due to trying to weasel and scheme out of paying off the victims of abuse cases.

hope4others

• JK666
    JK666

And I thought that espresso would be lumped in with all of the other "Worthless Things."

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I thought that espresso would be lumped in with all of the other "Worthless Things."

In fact, it will be. The article was dated 1997, and in a public Asleep! magazine (where most of those things are located). People will read the Asleep! and automatically assume that the religion will condone those things that make life a little more fun. That is the Showcase edition, so they have to make a good impression on the public. Back then, the Asleep! was more for the public.

However, the "Worthless Things", actually rendered "Valueless Things", is found in the Kool-Aid Washtowel. Anything there is not accessible to the public, particularly those in public relations. However, that is what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger actually wants the members to go by when deciding whether to partake in something. I would not be at all surprised if it is banned, whether directly or that everpresent "our time is for field circus" line that is commonly used to avoid a direct ban that can be tracked.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    At first I was going to say they are getting hard up for articles, because it says Nov 1997 at the bottom of the page so its a re print. Then going to the front home page there it is, the same article.

Hmmm.... one wonders:

Did the original poster find this article because it was on the front page, or is it on the front page because they are using some server-side code to identify the most-viewed articles in recent history, and putting a link to those on the front page as "of current interest"?

We could test that theory... everybody click on this link to another crazy article:

How to Cope with the Trials of Traffic

Let's see if it bubbles up to the main page if enough of us view it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit