I have a great analogy for the Watchtower/UN scandal....it's helpful

by middleman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• middleman
    middleman

Here's a thought. Since they have lawyers that contend for political human rights purposes, what's the difference in becoming a political official that has dealings only in human rights? My reasonings to them are "fighting for human rights are Christian/JW like aren't they"? I'm sure they'd have a way to shut down this thought also.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

3d Witness' argument is that the Watchtower Society never said that they couldn't have anything to do with the superior authorities (governments), of which the U.N. is one. Nothing says JWs can't use government sponsored programs, etc. like postal services, court systems, Library of Congress, schools, and the like. Why could they not therefore, use the U.N.'s library and benefit from human rights activities, etc. How would you respond?

If it's OK, why did you feel the need to lie about it?!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

It still pisses me off that they were such hypocrites about "secular" reading.

• cognac
    cognac

Wow, I didn't even know they did all that!

Holy crap. How did you even find all that out???

Also, now that we are on the UN thing, I heard that you don't need to be part of the UN to have a library card. Is that true? Is there any way to prove this?

Yes, I probably should know this already, so sue me... lol

• middleman
    middleman

cognac, here's the thread that I believe broke the UN story. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/10732/1.ashx
    This might not be the first thread but it has lots of good stuff.

Also here the UN website showing you that anyone can us the UN library systems. http://www.un.org/Depts/dhl/deplib/deplibsystem.htm

It says “Since 1946, the Dag Hammarskjold Library of the United Nations Secretariat in New York has arranged for the distribution of United Nations documents and publications to users around the world through its depository library system. At present, there are more than 400 depository libraries in over 140 countries maintaining United Nations material from the date of designation as depository to the present. The general public can consult the material free of charge at any depository library.”

Here's a question you can ask them. If they just needed to use the UN library, then why in the hell were they at UN meetings? I have that answer also.
    Blessings........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit