Leaving Christendom for the Kingdumb Hall

by gone for good 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gone for good
    gone for good

Wow Gone and Forgotten you studied with real old school Nazis ! I'm surprised you made it out alive!

Giordano - Thanks for that link - it led me to a really good one from the Mormons trying to escape

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I don't remember being asked to do such a thing but I was told something just as weird.

When I was a teenager, just coming in to the Witnesses, my mother threatened to enroll me at a Catholic school. The person who studied with me said that if I was enrolled in a Catholic school, even if it was against my will, I would no longer be considered a Witness. And I had to obey my mother in any case.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    The JW insistence of new converts making a formal break with their former religion is more about rubbing it in the churches face than it is about anything else.
  • gone for good
    gone for good

Village Idiot

Catholic Schools provide excellent education - couldn't have JW kids exposed to that could we?

Half of my grandkids prefered our local Catholic high school over the public one as it is a wonderful school and they did very well too - smart, socially active, well adjusted kids who went straight on to university and well paying jobs. The JW grandkids are a socially retarded pioneer and a very angry rehab patient respectively - keep up the good work Watchtower.

Pete Zahut

You observed the same as I, that such actions are merely childish vendetta. It is actually important that Watchtower officially requires nothing from those abandoning a religion when joining theirs. It logically follows that persons abandoning the Watchtower cult, likewise, owe them no explanations, reasons or justifications of their freewill actions.

Don't involve these self-righteous assholes in your decision to leave - just make your demands known in harmony with your available human rights and enjoy your freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit