Oh my Gawd! I might be a drama queen but...

by Sebastian Melmoth 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sebastian Melmoth
    Sebastian Melmoth

Greetings and Salutations! You will NOT believe what just happened! I myself can scarcely believe it, indeed, it is with the pall of bewilderment still hung 'round my skull that I write this. I suppose I shall begin, if not at the very beginning, then somewhere tolerably close to it for the sake of an expeditious anecdote. As you no doubt know by this juncture, I have begun what has been referred to as the "fade." That being said, there are several responsibilities that I am in the process of shedding like an old snake skin: and so my maxim has been "less, not more." However, the ghastly spirit of old Pasteur(ized) Russell must be watching me, for, when I checked the messages on my phone, what do you suppose the very first one was about? I would never have guessed it in a million years, (or at least a thousand-year reign {of terror}) it was one of the Smothers Brothers, asking if I wanted to be... in the drama! Now, you wouldn't be very far off the mark if you called me a drama queen, in fact, even today, I was reading a scholarly treatise on "Hamlet;" (one of the central books of my secular scripture, and, you might say, a "Poem Unlimited") however, when it comes to acting in the Watchtower-of-Babel's pathetic, proselytizing, preachy propaganda plays, I draw the line. I mean, really, which part did they have in mind for me; the queer apostate? I don't think so. Fortunately, I managed to come up with, what I thought was, a pretty good excuse: that I would be in... Nebraska. (go Huskers!) Now, the phone call having been made, I am officially off the hook! Well, my stars! I had no idea this would come up, indeed, you could have knocked me over with a feather! I guess the "He-Man Woman-Haters Club" won't let me go gentle into that good night. Oh well, I still have a bit of fight left in me, and I will stand and deliver when I must, coming on in a blue fury of pugilistic punishment! HAHAHA! (sorry about that, I'm listening to Rufus Wainwright right now, and that always tends to energize me) Anyway, cheers!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

LOL! What a wonderful way to tell the tale!

Glad you're not having to create any more "drama" for yourself during your fade!

Dave

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hon, your fade is clearly very successful if they want you in The Drama. It's the ULTIMATE privilege.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    when I checked the messages on my phone, what do you suppose the very first one was about? I would never have guessed it in a million years, (or at least a thousand-year reign {of terror}) it was one of the Smothers Brothers, asking if I wanted to be... in the drama

Well I suppose they are trying to entice you out of retirement (fade).

By the way just in case I did not welcome you yet, I will do that now.

hope4others

• chickpea
    chickpea

we have a saying around the family group....

(as a bit of background i will tell you we have a daughter, just turning 20, who was Dx'd 6 years ago) with borderline personality disorder....... the 7th level of drama hell if you arent exactly sure of what the Dx entails......)

anyway... the saying is>>>

to which my response generally is>>>> not if you want to keep that face

at any rate! clever you for opting out ..... in more ways than one!!!

• DJK
    DJK

Welcome.

• wings
    wings
    however, when it comes to acting in the Watchtower-of-Babel's pathetic, proselytizing, preachy propaganda plays, I draw the line. I mean, really, which part did they have in mind for me; the queer apostate? I don't think so. Fortunately, I managed to come up with, what I thought was, a pretty good excuse: that I would be in... Nebraska. (go Huskers!)

too funny! You are a hoot of a drama queen.

Welcome, and enjoy the drama.

wings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit