A Watchtower Metaphor if I may?

by AK - Jeff 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think the person would be better off running independently, using independent sources to improve his general health. That way, he would last much longer (and realize that one needs a chance to pause and replenish the nutrients that are expended while running).

Likewise, the Washtowel Society is a corrupt religious organization. One is better off studying the Bible totally independently. One might find the true meaning of Jesus' teachings. And, one might see things differently another time and totally change their beliefs without waiting for the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger to put its stamp of approval on it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Brief update:

The person I sent it to had become angry in his last email, saying that all I ever did was attack the Watchtower [unfortunately it is one of my favorite pastimes]. ; > But I hope to at least get the communication door open with this.

The metaphor [sent after the angry email] seemed to soften matters a little. I hope we have opened a genuine dialogue as a result. I can't see how that dialogue can go too far without discussing the faith we shared for 40 years though. And I imagine he is unable to tell his wife that he is even emailing me. So to be honest I don't see much future in the relationship, at least short term.

My next email will have nothing about religion included. I want to soften him up, and hopefully he will bring it up sometime. We'll see.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit