See "Worlds Apart" Danish Film about Dfd JW girl, New York City April 25...

by AndersonsInfo 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

The important and popular Danish film, "World's Apart," which was shown at the Berlin Film Festival recently, was selected for the Tribecca Film festival and will be screened publicly (with English subtitles) five times during the coming weeks at Village East Cinemas and AMC Village VII in New York. Please pass the word.

This film depicts the story of a Witness girl who steps outside of her religious community by falling in love with a "worldly" young man. She subsequently commits fornication and viewers will see the upheaval and toll her actions take on her life and that of her JW family when she is disfellowshipped.

Screening Schedule:

Friday, April 25, 5:30 pm
    Village East Cinemas (VEC)
    181 Second Avenue (at 12th Street)
    New York, NY 10003

Sunday, April 27, 8:00 pm
    New York, NY 10003

Monday, April 28, 4:00 pm
    AMC Village VII (AV7)
    66 Third Avenue (at 11th Street)
    New York, NY 10003

Friday, May 2, 5:00 pm
    AMC Village VII (AV7)
    66 Third Avenue (at 11th Street)
    New York, NY 10003

Sunday, May 4, 8:00 pm
    New York, NY 10003

• AudeSapere
  • Balsam
    Balsam

I watched the trailer for this movie it looks very good. I hope it will be brought out with subtitles so those of us who don't speak Danish can understand it. The fact is, every single JW who has lived that experience will completely understand it even without the words to being understood. It looks like a powerful movie.

I hope it is an international hit. Actually it could fit any religion that believes it's religion is the one and only and what it does to those tho cross the line.

Ruth

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thanks for the update. How can we get updates when it goes to other cities in the U.S.? Hoping it comes to Phoenix, AZ.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is their subtitles? I would like to go but not if I don't understand anything.

• watson
    watson
    The important and popular Danish film, "World's Apart," which was shown at the Berlin Film Festival recently, was selected for the Tribecca Film festival and will be screened publicly (with English subtitles) five times during the coming weeks at Village East Cinemas and AMC Village VII in New York. Please pass the word.
  • AndersonsInfo
  • Tara
    Tara

I hope it comes to Boston, too.

• AndersonsInfo
  • asilentone
    asilentone

I would like to see it on DVD, if there is DVD release, let me know. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit