Fractional Withdrawal

by DNCall 11 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

It occurred to me that by introducing the concept of accepting blood fractions as being a conscience matter, the Society has established a precedent for the disposing of other unfounded teachings.

Consider, for example, Birthdays:

On your birthday it is allowable to eat cake. It is allowable to light a candle or candles. It is allowable to blow out a candle or candles. The foregoing may be allowed by your conscience so long as you, on your birthday, abstain from cake with candles on it and you refrain from blowing out the candles on the cake.

Likely you can think of other examples where fractional withdrawal can enable the Society to abandon other unfounded teachings.

DNCall

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Consider, for example, fornication:

It is allowable to fornicate. It is allowable to copulate either orally or anally. It is allowable to engage in bizarre fetishes. The foregoing may be allowed by your conscience so long as you abstain from ejaculation and you refrain from vaginal intercourse.

Oh wait, you said unfounded.

My bad.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

On Thanksgiving you allowed to eat turkey and all the fixiens, Your allowed to vocalize the fact that your thankful but you just can't eat turkey and vocalize the fact that your thankful all at the same time.

LD

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How many points on Weight Watchers are the candles, cake, icing...if eaten separately?

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Dont honeymoons and wedding rings have pagan origins?? they are on the OK list!

Skeeter1- I dont know about the cake, but I do know that one nip of southern comfort is only 1 point when mixed with 'diet' coke ( so I can get drunk as long as I only do it a 'fraction' at a time) LOLOLOL

• reniaa
    reniaa

Its all about the celebration with birthdays and christmas and you know it. It's not the cakes that make them wrong.

medicine created the grey area with fractions not witnesses.

Reniaa

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Reniaa, we're just having a little fun. The poster stated that the society has established a precedent by introducing the concept of accepting blood fractions as being a conscience matter. So what about other unfounded teachings. Think about it girl. Taking blood was just as bad as celebrating b-days. You could in the past get df'd for both. But not now.

WhereWasI

• Heaven
    Heaven

I agree. I was quite amazed at the 'fractions' introduction. My jaw was on the floor. When I was growing up, it was no blood, no way, no how. Another reason I didn't agree with the JWs. As one person mentioned on another thread, the JWs have let the symbol of life become more important than life itself.

I like your Birthday analogy. The word 'allowable' just cracks me up!

So is it 'allowable' that I wipe my butt with 1-ply or 2-ply? And how many sheets am I 'allowed'? That's how assinine ( ) this whole 'allowable' stuff is!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

if those verses on blood meant what the JWs claim they mean...and they obviously do not...but IF they did...fractions would not be a grey area or a matter of conscience. Nice try, but they would be black and white wrong. they would be giving support to not pouring out blood upon the ground. No way to justify that- if those verses mean what it is claimed they mean.

• oompa
    oompa

im with burns on this one of course.........i was thinkin that if you only fractionally penetrate any oriface...........it is not a sin.......oompa

but you could still ejaculate in my book........that is not a sin....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit