Why Jehovah Witnesses teach a more biblical faith

by tralon 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Surprizeingly, I am not a JW

Yes, you are.

1.They are united and disciplined from within. Protestant denominations are so divided and new ones pop up every week.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are one of these groups that once upon a time "popped up". Originally, they were adventists. All of their fundamental ideas and biblical "interpretations" can be traced directly back to adventism. I agree with you, they should stop "popping up", and I wish they had stopped popping up allready 200 years ago. Then there would be no Jehovahs Witnesses, or other such crazy adventist sects.

2. God cannot be a trinity, because God is simply monotheistic or a single deity. You can ask any orthodox Jew who knows the torah and he will plainly tell you this. The scriptures plainly tell us the Lord God is is ONE Jehovah. One does not equal three. It is interesting that the early church after the apostles believed that the Father was UNbegotten, while the Son was begotten and the Holy Spirit was the power of God. bur after the third century reign of Constantine and Athanatius this all changed by civil order.

Every argument here is as if it was copied straight from the Watchtowers anti-trinity-pamphlet, and the church history you are here describing is one that simply never took place. From where in the writings of the early church fathers did you find anything like this: "begotten son from the unbegotten father" (or something similar)? I`ll tell you where: Nowhere. From what I remember, the trinity-pamphlet doesn`t even list the references. The passage in the pamphlet (I assume) you are referring to, is probaly the one with Justin martyr being quoted as saying that Jesus was a created angel, other than (different) than the God who made all things. First of all, I could not find that passage anywhere in Justin martyrs writings. Second, Justin martyr himself says, about Jesus: "We will prove that we worship him reasonably; for we have learned that he is the Son of the true God himself." He goes on to say that "the Father of all has a Son, who is both the first-born Word of God and is God"( First Apology, 13 and 63)

3. Also the bible teaches man is not naturally immortal, but mortal and waits in the grave til his change comes.So says Job. Somehow over the centuries Hades, Gehenna and Tartaroo got changed into another word called hell which now means an ever burning inferno, which NEVER conveyed that thought. How do these things happen, one wonders?

Because of the way the jewish (and later, christian) religion evolved, as seen thruout the Bible, when reading the whole thing. But even in Job, Psalms etc., you will see that the dead in Sheol are conscious in their graves. How this dark, sad place evolved into a fiery hell later on in the Bible, is a whole different story. But it is there. Jesus speaks of the "fiery furnace", John speaks of "the lake of fire".

4. I ask you, just who is knocking on doors telling people about Christ's coming kingdom and man's need to be ready for this change. The Protestant denominations? No.The Catholics? No.Only the Jehovah's Witnesses. So who is really preaching the gospel here?

Yes, please tell them to stop doing that.

5.Lastly, do Protestants and Catholics as a whole live their faith, Or is it a once a week thing on Sunday morning and the rest of the week is business as usual? You tell me. JWs really live their faith everyday. By their fruits you shall know them.

So do moslems. But that doesn`t mean that their religion is "the right one", does it?

By the way, stop trying to pass yourself of as just a "sympathiser" of the Jehovahs Witnesses. You are a Jehovahs Witness. It`s evident from every word you speak, the language, the words, the way you express yourself, the way you present your arguments. You`re talking to ex-witnesses here, some of us were raised in your "faith", so don`t think for a second that you`re fooling anyone.

• Aleman
    Aleman

I actually agree with you tralon, The JWs are the one true religion under the guidence of Jehovah God and his General Jesus Christ. You have a great view of things.

-Aleman

• dinah
    dinah

I must admit I only read the topic and not the thread.

When I need more crap, I'll change his diaper.

I'm in a very BAD mood and seeing someone defend the WT is my last straw.

Poster, why don't you crawl back up into yo mama's puss and be born in. NO choice, no reason. Just keep ya head down and don't question all the crap.

Defend them against no holidays, no rest, no ability to think for yourself. Defend them for stolen lives waiting on that oh so elusive Armageddon.

shut up Dinah. yeah it would be best if I do.

-----Dinah of the eats Dubs for breakfast class

• uninformed
    uninformed

tralon,

If you believe what they teach, THEN GET THE HELL OUTA' HERE.

Thank you for your polite attention.

Brant

PS, and take Alemon with you

• greendawn
    greendawn

Those rebelious JWs you mention never had their opinions properly replied to by the JWs they were simply expelled for having them because by definition anyone opposing the leadership and its ideology is automatically considered to be in the wrong.

As for the Gehena/hell there is in Revelation 20:10 something about the devil and those making up the beast and the false prophet as suffering everlasting torment in the lake of fire and sulphur.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I have yet to meet a JW that lives his faith "holy" in the faith. They judge harshly, drink immensly, lie, cheat, steal, etc etc. They are as much hypocrites as any in other religions. We are human and bound to er.

• poppers
    poppers

Hey Aleman - did you get dunked yet?

• OBVES
    OBVES

First you have to establish what does it mean "fruits" .There are so many things that could be taken account that to establish which religion is true and accepted by God Yahweh you need to study the Bible and God Yahweh must lead in this process.

The well-built predictions of the end are the expectations of the true christians who come out with reasonable hope that the end of the world may take place in such and such a time.

If we live in the end-times the true christians must know we live in such times and should they not expect the end and set up dates ?

So the the fact they come up with predictons is their fruit of studying the Bible. Those religions where people know nothing about the end is coming soon and are opposing the settiing up dates based on the Bible should be ignored as they lack the right fruit of understanding the Bible.

On this one principle it is very easy to call most christian religions fruitless.

• Currientology
    Currientology

We are not living in the "end times"...
    100's of years from now... People will be discussing the some things on forms or such as these... Talking about why they are living in the last days.

Granted... Eventually the Earth's life supporting environment will come to an end via one means or another :)

• theistichedonist
    theistichedonist

Tralon,

There is a vast difference between unity and uniformity.

Welcome...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit