Let the mystery be.

by Blueblades 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We all start out as children, uninformed and totally impressionable. Our parents get first crack at us and glue down the first layers in our pyramid of thought.

Like going to church, accepting Jesus as our savior etc.

So we have a choice forced upon us before we have the acuity in which to make a rational decision for ourselves.

Lke making a rational decision to reject belief systems in the supernatural entities of any kind.

So I break away from the church and make a rational decision to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses for 30 years which turned out not to be so rational afterall.

I then learn the truth about the truth through the internet, books, personal experiences and the many exchanges here on JWD. discussion forum since 2002 and some six years and 3,000 post later.

I do the fade and finally move away from the world headquarters. I read and read and read, many of the books recommended here. Looking at the two camps of scholars for and against whatever topic is being discussed.

My final rational descision is to let the mystery be , until better evidence presents itself. I just want to live each moment as it comes and shut my mind off all of this. I'm brain weary and my mind does get boggled, I can't wrap my mind or brain around all of this anymore. I'll be 63 years old June 02,2008. It's time for me to settle down and just let the mystery be. I wish the best for all of you who are still searching and for those who have found what they are searching for. Thanks for everything all you have done here for me. I'm not going anywhere, I will still be checking in.

Blueblades

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Where is NATHAN?

I have his 'secret chat'

But got shut down!

Anyhow it is cool stuff!

Cheers NATHAN!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think anyone understands the mystery on this side.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I know how you feel, Blueblades. I can't find any answers either. I attend church with my wife and daughter and it seems God is just a feeling religious people have within themselves. It does seem to help some people be better persons but religion as a whole doesn't seem the answer to life's questions and problems and can be very expensive when you consider all the big church buildings you see all around here. I can't remember any statement that Christ made that suggested his followers build big structures to house his worshipers, but I just wonder if he ever existed anyway.

I guess I'm a lost soul heading for everlasting hell fire with the Devil and God's other created spirit creatures. He seems to like killing and keeping us from the tree of life by inventing the sword at Eden.

I hope God doesn't visit JWD and read what I just said.

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If you haven't found by now, you probably never will, in this life. I think, where you are is a good place to be; stop the searching, just live each day, each moment, making the most of it, making your life as quality as you can. Look at where you were, compared to where you are. How far have you come? In other words, compare yourself w yourself.

S

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I was hoping for more responses from others who have reached the same conclusions as myself. Thanks to those who have already responded, it's much appreciated.

Blueblades

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Blueblades,

As you know from my posts on this forum, I'm not far from where you stand -- except perhaps for the fact that I am not really expecting any "answers" to come up "later". I went downhill, as slowly as I could, from the mountain tops of delusional "knowledge" and I am content sitting on the seashore and watching at the endless waves of life and death, being and non-being, into which I, too, will happily fade.

There is, I feel, a certain type of "understanding" which befits the "mystery": this has little to do with questions and anwers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit